Lock screen blown out colours

matt-88

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Has anyone else had an issue with their lock screen showing distorted/blown out colours? I'll go to unlock my phone or answer a call and often the photo I have as my lock screen will appear distorted as well as notification bars. I've attached a photo, sorry about the quality, it was a mad dash to get a photo of the screen. If I turn the screen off and back on again its fine, also as soon as I unlock the phone its fine again within seconds. My theme is magenta and as you can see it appears bright red and the images on the lock screen should just be regular photos (no effects or anything).

IMG_0267.jpg

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This bug is common , it is caused either by glance screen or double tap to unlock , I have this bug since amber update (aug 2013) on my lumia 920 , happens very rarely , last occurred in jan 2014 , to fix this i just lock the phone once again and then unlock it after 10-15 secs. Hope nokia will fix this bug with wp8.1 :)

matt-88

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying. Glad to hear, I can live with it, was just concerned as its a newish phone and hoped it was a software problem rather than something that would need hardware replacement.

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... I actually saw this (I think) after unlocking mine to check email and the colors seemed far too oversaturated. I checked later and it was fine...thought it was just me "seeing things." Seems like it might have been the same issue or related. Happened once and not again since.

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Phew, I'm glad to know it isn't just me... By no means is this a horrible inconvenience, however I do hope that today's firmware update did the trick.

Turanga06

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here!

It happened a couple of times in my Lumia 1020 (Black updated, happened when Amber as well).

It's a weird thing!

Regards.

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
It has happened to me twice so far. It's not limited to the lock screen for me though. the screen display just looked 'overexposed' when it happened. But it always went away within a few seconds. I think it had something to do with sunlight sensitivity.

matt-88

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Really glad there are more reports of it, hopefully it will get sorted eventually, not a show stopper at least. I'll try turning off sunlight readability and see if I still get it. I've had it on the home screen/tiles too if I'm extra fast at unlocking, like tofurice said, not limited to just the lock screen, its time sensitive. Thanks to everyone for replying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss