Nokia Video Trimmer problem

spikeconley

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
On some videos (not all, can't figure out the reason), the trimmer seems to work correctly on my phone. Then I connect it to my Windows PC and copy it over. At that point, the file size is the original size before trimming. The video actually stops (QuickTime) at the correct point, but there's a coda on the file which is just a still of the last frame. But it plays like video until the original end point. I have a video limit for uploading to another site, and I can't figure out how to edit around this problem. TIA

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is this app actually called "Nokia Video Trimmer"?

Where does QuickTime enter the picture? QuickTime is an Apple product, not a Windows product.

spikeconley

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Video Trimmer is a basic app for Lumia. QuickTime is on Windows PC (PC = personal computer, i.e. desktop). As I said, the problem shows up when I play the video on Windows PC. However, I can already tell the file size is too big before I even try to play it, so it appears to have nothing to do with QuickTime. Other players might be smart enough to not play the still coda, but it's still taking up file space.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Video Trimmer is a basic app for Lumia. QuickTime is on Windows PC (PC = personal computer, i.e. desktop). As I said, the problem shows up when I play the video on Windows PC. However, I can already tell the file size is too big before I even try to play it, so it appears to have nothing to do with QuickTime. Other players might be smart enough to not play the still coda, but it's still taking up file space.
The problem might be that Windows Phone does not support .mov file format, which is what QuickTime uses. Can you use a Microsoft product such as Windows Media Player instead of Apple QuickTime?

spikeconley

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
The file format is mp4. However, as I said, the file is already too big when it's copied over. The file size is unrelated to the viewer used to watch it. I only mentioned it because it might be a clue to someone about how the coda is being handled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss