Lumia 720 Battery draining out super fast

abhishek shahdeo

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing this unique issue on my Lumia 720 since last 10 days, although I had purchased it some 8-9 months back. My phone battery drains out completely within seconds when I switch on my 3G data connection or wifi. I have tried everything starting from switching off the background tasks of all apps, resetting my phone, update of software, still, am unable to overcome this issue. However, when data connection or wifi is switched off, even then the normal battery life is not more than 5 minutes on call (with full battery) but stand by time is around 6-7 hrs.
When I charge the phone, the battery shows 100% charged within a couple of minutes even when its was completely empty a minute back, but when you remove it from charge, it drains out as fast.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Your phone or battery is faulty. Given that it's less than a year old, Nokia should fix/replace it under warranty.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Do you install any new program 10 days ago? Even if something using the 3G or data, it should not use battery that fast. Something is also using the GPU. Have you tried hard reset? Or flash from default firmware?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you install any new program 10 days ago? Even if something using the 3G or data, it should not use battery that fast. Something is also using the GPU. Have you tried hard reset? Or flash from default firmware?

I wouldn't fiddle with flashing, it might void warranty, but you could try resetting. If this doesn't fix it, return it, it should be under warranty (all electronic devices must have at least 1 year warranty in EU, I don't know how it is where you bought it), why worry about it yourself and risk screwing something up when you can leave professionals to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs