How to identify an original screen replacement for 820?

Rafael Sol Maker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, I want to ask this question hhere, maybe someone with sufficient experience can advise me on this matter.

I'm trying to buy a screen replacement for a Nokia Lumia 820 online. I already looked in eBay and Amazon, but I don't have any confidence to buy there, as I don't want to buy a cheap knock-off Made-in-China crap.

How can I identify an original one from the the generic copies? Besides the Nokia logo, I need to know another traits, so I won't buy the wrong one.

If this would be at least a 920 screen... It's pretty easy to identify in this model.

Any help is apreciated. :sweaty:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's an excellent question. I've read a lot of posts about people replacing their screen with what was suppose to be a genuine OEM Nokia screen, only to find out it was cheap knockoff they bought off eBay. About the only thing I can suggest is going through a company like Palco to buy a new screen. Nokia sends people to Palco for screen replacement.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This seller sells genuine. I know, I've bought many fakes and many genuine ones.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4d0e206818

If you would rather buy from an actual online store, then this is a genuine one:
http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-nokia-lumia-820-digitizer-touch-screen-with-front-housing.html

I've bought 820 digitizers from both and they are both legit. And buy it with the front housing too, it will make the replacement SUPER DUPER easy. I can replace the digitizer with housing on an 820 in about 2 minutes if I worked fast. But without the front housing? That is a one hour job and requires many more tools.

If you get the front housing, all the tools you need are a T6, T4 torx drivers, and a jewelers flathead screwdriver (or other suitable tool for prying the LCD off the front housing).

Rafael Sol Maker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to both!

Now at least seeing the photos I can at least see how it looks like.

The pricing is different too. It appears to be the original ones costs much more (obviously).

I hope to buy some soon, maybe next week.

Rafael Sol Maker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Examining here, by the characteristics and the photos, I could assume that at least these 3 sellers are selling the original one, with frame:

and 3.

Screens with frames are more likely to be real, as it's a numbered nokia part (Nokia Part Code: 00805X6, see here:) here

All of the others (specially coming from China and Honk Kong) are very suspicious, and use repeated and copied photos. Some from other countries could be real ones too, but I need to verify with more caution. Well, the main traits I hope to find in the original screen are the following:
Nokia spare part.jpg

I will try to look on Amazon too. I checked here in Brazil in MercadoLivre, but in any of them I'm 100% sure of the procedence of the part.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro