Hello guys, I want to ask this question hhere, maybe someone with sufficient experience can advise me on this matter.

I'm trying to buy a screen replacement for a Nokia Lumia 820 online. I already looked in eBay and Amazon, but I don't have any confidence to buy there, as I don't want to buy a cheap knock-off Made-in-China crap.

How can I identify an original one from the the generic copies? Besides the Nokia logo, I need to know another traits, so I won't buy the wrong one.

If this would be at least a 920 screen... It's pretty easy to identify in this model.

Any help is apreciated.
    03-18-2014 07:26 AM
    That's an excellent question. I've read a lot of posts about people replacing their screen with what was suppose to be a genuine OEM Nokia screen, only to find out it was cheap knockoff they bought off eBay. About the only thing I can suggest is going through a company like Palco to buy a new screen. Nokia sends people to Palco for screen replacement.
    Rafael Sol Maker likes this.
    03-18-2014 08:59 AM
    This seller sells genuine. I know, I've bought many fakes and many genuine ones.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...item4d0e206818

If you would rather buy from an actual online store, then this is a genuine one:
    http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-noki...t-housing.html

I've bought 820 digitizers from both and they are both legit. And buy it with the front housing too, it will make the replacement SUPER DUPER easy. I can replace the digitizer with housing on an 820 in about 2 minutes if I worked fast. But without the front housing? That is a one hour job and requires many more tools.

If you get the front housing, all the tools you need are a T6, T4 torx drivers, and a jewelers flathead screwdriver (or other suitable tool for prying the LCD off the front housing).
    palandri and Rafael Sol Maker like this.
    03-18-2014 09:25 AM
    Thanks to both!

Now at least seeing the photos I can at least see how it looks like.

The pricing is different too. It appears to be the original ones costs much more (obviously).

I hope to buy some soon, maybe next week.
    palandri likes this.
    03-18-2014 09:58 AM
    Examining here, by the characteristics and the photos, I could assume that at least these 3 sellers are selling the original one, with frame:

and 3.

Screens with frames are more likely to be real, as it's a numbered nokia part (Nokia Part Code: 00805X6, see here:)

All of the others (specially coming from China and Honk Kong) are very suspicious, and use repeated and copied photos. Some from other countries could be real ones too, but I need to verify with more caution. Well, the main traits I hope to find in the original screen are the following:
    nokia-spare-part.jpg

I will try to look on Amazon too. I checked here in Brazil in MercadoLivre, but in any of them I'm 100% sure of the procedence of the part.
    Last edited by Rafael Sol Maker; 04-01-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    04-01-2014 06:42 AM
    Someone could help achieve the original nokia touch screen , mine broke. Please help
    05-11-2015 06:26 PM