Lumia 920 vs Lumia 925

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are places where the background is always white (like email and Office), that's when AMOLED gets into trouble.

not a deal breaker, but it would use more power compared to something more black.

has anyone made any direct comparisons regarding IPS LCD vs. AMOLED in terms of power usage?

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
not a deal breaker, but it would use more power compared to something more black.

has anyone made any direct comparisons regarding IPS LCD vs. AMOLED in terms of power usage?

if you're saying about battery, I would say they both have the same battery life, no changes ,in terms of details of images and etc, definetly 925

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

LCD uses constant power. AMOLED uses less when much of the screen is black, but almost double when much of the screen shows light color (especially white).

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Lumia 800 and 900, I like how the charge port and the aux port was in the top on the 925. Hooking it up to your car makes it easy running the charger & aux cable to the top. I have to run a aux wire extension to hook up both cables on my 920.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a L925 and the amoled screen is awesome, it gives the best colors. It has a good battery, not the best though
The camera takes great pics and great videos and for me the 16gb is more than enough
The speakers are good too.
The heating issue is kinda noticeable at really unexpected times and from what I've read it is an bug in Windows Phone 8 where for some reason it goes into a long loop causing the CPU to heat.

I had the choice of going with the L920 or the L925 and I got the 925

Remember that the software support for the windows devices is 2 years and the 920 was released back in 2012 so it is almost over unless they change their minds

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a L925 and the amoled screen is awesome, it gives the best colors. It has a good battery, not the best though
The camera takes great pics and great videos and for me the 16gb is more than enough
The speakers are good too.
The heating issue is kinda noticeable at really unexpected times and from what I've read it is an bug in Windows Phone 8 where for some reason it goes into a long loop causing the CPU to heat.

I had the choice of going with the L920 or the L925 and I got the 925

Remember that the software support for the windows devices is 2 years and the 920 was released back in 2012 so it is almost over unless they change their minds

The 920 wasn't quite released two years yet as it's only March 2014. I'm sure it will still get the same updates as the 925.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Most people have covered it here, but it boils down to your storage needs. Some folks can survive on 16GB. I can because i have a 8X and have no intention of putting much music on my 925 - that's only for photos and videos. For people who want it all, the 920 is best. Now, if you are able to get the Vodaphone 925, then that's an upgrade because all you are giving up is the built in wireless charging (that one has 32GB) for a lighter, sleeker looking model.

I owned a white 920 that I gave to my dad as a gift. I give him that and kept the t-mo 925 because of the fact that the 920 has more stuff out of the box in between the extra storage, and built it wireless charging. He just has to back his pictures up periodically - which he will take a ton because his grandkids (my nieces and nephew) and the neighbor's kids are always around and he is big on picture taking.

Plus in many cases the price difference favors the 920. You may be better off sticking with that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The 920 wasn't quite released two years yet as it's only March 2014. I'm sure it will still get the same updates as the 925.

Exactly. Nov 2013 (920) vs July 2013 (925). Notice that all the WP8 device leaks show 920 running the firmware. It would have been even more stupid than usual for MSFT and Nokia to have had that huge build conference, giving out developer edition 920s only to kill support for the phone in 2 years.

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
LCD uses constant power. AMOLED uses less when much of the screen is black, but almost double when much of the screen shows light color (especially white).

• Agreed, the blacks on the 925 are amazing
  • STORAGE: The 925 IS available with 32GBs, I'm holding one in my hands right now. There are plenty of international 32GB variants that can be obtained.
  • CHARGING: The 925 can be easily modded for internal Qi charging or Powermatt charging. Otherwise, the official case and 3rd party cases provide either Qi or PowerMatt in a slim form factor - so the 925 is more future proof than the 920 depending on which way the wireless charging standard might go.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
  • Agreed, the blacks on the 925 are amazing
  • STORAGE: The 925 IS available with 32GBs, I'm holding one in my hands right now. There are plenty of international 32GB variants that can be obtained.
  • CHARGING: The 925 can be easily modded for internal Qi charging or Powermatt charging. Otherwise, the official case and 3rd party cases provide either Qi or PowerMatt in a slim form factor - so the 925 is more future proof than the 920 depending on which way the wireless charging standard might go.

put the official Qi charging case and it'll be just as thick as the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05