New update on AT&T Lumia 1520 today (03/18/2014)

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So far, so good. I've turned Auto-brightness back on. I've enabled 'High' touch sensitivity and turned 'double-tap to wake' back on as well. Having those disabled/turned down seemed to MINIMIZE the frequency in which the touch issue was a problem.I'd caution everyone to 'give it time' since this problem could manifest itself in a couple days. Things always seemed better after a reboot or system wipe, but would always manifest itself in a matter of days.I'm hopeful though...

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Two things I have noticed so far, Double tap to wake is much better, responsive(love it). Haven't faced the touch sensitivity issue yet, but to early to conclude anything yet.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard seems to be much more accurate and snappy.

Tap to Wake actually is not frustrating to use anymore!!! It works amazingly now

Last edited:

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Here's the before and after version #'s that I could gather:

Firmware revision number:
Before: 1028.3534.1347.2001
After: 1028.3562.1407.1001

Radio software version:
Before: 1.0.26028.0001
After: 1.0.26055.0001

So perhaps the radio software update pertains to cellular, Wi-Fi, GPS, and/or Bluetooth improvements? Just speculating...

alphacc82

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the double tap to wake is much more responsive and it works more often than not(space between taps, etc). Scroll tap doesn't seem to be an issue any longer(well it didnt happen yet), but that didn't bother me previously anyway as it was every so often.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Still having all the standard issues here after updating this morning. My screen sensitivity is still there (damn you tap while scrolling!!!), my auto brightness is still giving me fits (even more so now than before), and the charging delay is even longer.

I'm usually not one to complain, but on a flagship device I expected some better resolution to these widespread issues.

I also don't utilize the double tap to wake feature,so um unable to comment on that feature

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Still having all the standard issues here after updating this morning. My screen sensitivity is still there (damn you tap while scrolling!!!), my auto brightness is still giving me fits (even more so now than before), and the charging delay is even longer.

I'm usually not one to complain, but on a flagship device I expected some better resolution to these widespread issues.

I also don't utilize the double tap to wake feature,so um unable to comment on that feature

Have you tried doing a reset at this point? It could be in your case that since the behavior was already present that something is still there as a sort of 'holdover' that is preventing the fix from being fully applied.

I've had this happen with a couple pieces of hardware over the years...luckily WP8 does a better job of having stuff backed up than those old devices did.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Did a soft reset, but want to avoid doing a hard reset. If there are more reports that this firmware indeed contains those fixes and wasn't just the backend support for the updated radio drivers then I'll consider it.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I can say after a good 8 hours I haven't had one miss tap or swipe (i got a lot before) and no more reboots, maybe its its me but the UI seems a bit snappier as well.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm on straight talk. Is this something that should be pushed through the market? Or carrier? I got an update for the audio a few days ago, but not this one.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Touch sensitivity and brightness bug are still present on mine after the 1028.3562.1407.1001 update and reset to factory defaults.

Edit: I just encountered four taps that should have been swipes in the last 10 min. Nokia, you better fix it next time ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET