New update on AT&T Lumia 1520 today (03/18/2014)

Ti P

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is what i have on wpcentral.com
Firmware version 1028.3562.1407.1001, this fixes the auto-brightness bug and improves screen touch sensitivity. the Bluetooth enhancements bug fix, and other minor bug fixes found in the international Lumia 1520 update. It also makes the phablet runs smoother

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on straight talk. Is this something that should be pushed through the market? Or carrier? I got an update for the audio a few days ago, but not this one.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Check for an update via the Phone Update hub in Settings.

It is a firmware update, not just an app or a settings update.

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's the before and after version #'s that I could gather:

Firmware revision number:
Before: 1028.3534.1347.2001
After: 1028.3562.1407.1001

Radio software version:
Before: 1.0.26028.0001
After: 1.0.26055.0001

So perhaps the radio software update pertains to cellular, Wi-Fi, GPS, and/or Bluetooth improvements? Just speculating...
My reception was ok when I first got the phone. After one of the updates it got worse wifi and cell reception (1 bar worse than before). Now it seems to be back to normal. I only notice a difference in certain situations (middle of living room and at work)

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Check for an update via the Phone Update hub in Settings.

It is a firmware update, not just an app or a settings update.

That worked. Thanks. It was big. Took about 10 minutes total. We'll see if the touch and brightness issues are gone. Maybe WiFi will be better, as well?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
After about 24hrs of use, Tap/Swipe does seem much improved (although not completely fixed), I wasn't really having any WiFi or Cellular issues to begin with so can't really speak for that. Haven't had time to beat up Bluetooth too much yet.

- Michael

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think I've noticed a couple of cases where single taps were detected as double - especially while web browsing. I turned my touch sensitivity down to 'normal' again about 2 hours ago and will see if that improves it.Outside of web-browsing - I have not noticed any more swipes-as-taps problems. Again, I'm holding on before saying "it's fixed for me" until it's been a few days.Never had brightness or wifi/cellular/bluetooth issues either.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my 1520 with shattered digitizer no longer randomly goes to Bing search whenever it wants. It was so annoying!
I guess I don't have to get the screen replaced now.

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
After 24 hours I have found that the screen sensitivity issues is much improved. I have only had one click since the update. Scrolling the screen up and down is much smoother. Double Tap to wake works much better, but is still not 100%. I also found that the battery life in the last 24 hours was better than before, but I'll need another day or two to verify. I also have the 2 second or so delay when plugging into a charger, but I don't see it as an issue.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
What firmware version do you have? Some regions received a similar firmware back in January.

I had the January update. My current FW is 1028.3562.1402.1001, but 1028.3562.1407.1001 seams to be the latest, according a post in last page. Is this the AT&T/US-equivalent of my FW?

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My scroll as tap is better but not gone. The brightness is fixed. I don't use double tap to wake. But now I get a delayed click out of my speaker when I hit the the power button to put the phone in standby, unlock my phone and when I get a Facebook messsge while in the new Facebook messenger app. It never did that before the firmware update so it's not the phone. Rebooted many times. Tried a soft reset and that worked for some hours. I am not sure how many since I was not using my phone the whole time. Maybe 5 or 6.

It is very annoying. The scroll as tap is about 50% better sometimes while other times it seems better than that but it definitely is not gone. How long do you think we will have to wait for new firmware to actually fix it? I am on normal sensitivity.

Last edited:

stupidsteven

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I feel like ever since the last update this week, my phone has been worse. I don't use double tap, but even when I press the power button to wake, it takes longer now to wake up. I just now am hearing the random popping within the speaker, and I'm also still getting the screen issue when I scroll down on things. I don't know, I was hoping the update was a surprise WP 8.1 for 1520 users but I was definitely dreaming haha. Now I'm almost debating on swapping for new 1520 at the warranty place.

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
did the update and crashed my SD card after that. the phone just wouldn't read my SD card; and since it wouldn't read it, i couldn't even tap to format it.
i had to do a hard reset and THEN format the SD card. now it's back to working but whoa, what a waste of time.
also strange and could be unrelated, the Bing Weather live tile is not live anymore. just the static sun and rays on my start screen.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the January update. My current FW is 1028.3562.1402.1001, but 1028.3562.1407.1001 seams to be the latest, according a post in last page. Is this the AT&T/US-equivalent of my FW?

Indeed. It's all part of the 1028.3562 series.

It is obviously newer, but likely specifically for the RM-940 since it carries some different hardware.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
did the update and crashed my SD card after that. the phone just wouldn't read my SD card; and since it wouldn't read it, i couldn't even tap to format it.
i had to do a hard reset and THEN format the SD card. now it's back to working but whoa, what a waste of time.
also strange and could be unrelated, the Bing Weather live tile is not live anymore. just the static sun and rays on my start screen.

That sucks! I guess I got lucky. Mine was fine. I have 48GB of music, videos and pics on it. I would not have been happy to have to reload all of that. I do have the SanDisk Extreme Plus card that I was told to use in these forums. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Wait.. You hard reset your phone? Do you think the card was actually crashed or the phone was messed up and couldn't read any SD card? Did you have another card to try?

Could you take the card out and try it in a computer or even another persons phone? If it was unreadable then format it there? It's exFAT format. That's how mine came and I just formatted one exFAT on my Surface Pro last week. An Android could do it I WOULD THINK if you don't have an adapter or slot for your computer. I don't use Android but I don't see why they would use another format. Anything but a hard reset. I avoid those like the plague.

I know it's too late now but just in case that happens again or if anyone else has the same issue I would try that first before a hard reset.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb