volume Bug on 1020

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The volume on my 1020 has been getting stuck at whatever level I felt it on. For ex: when playing a song at level 10 then playing a YouTube video the volume will stay stuck at 10. Even after pressing the volume up and down does nothing. The only fix I found was restarting the phone but then it just happens again...

This is getting really annoying. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks

agrawaladitya192

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The volume on my 1020 has been getting stuck at whatever level I felt it on. For ex: when playing a song at level 10 then playing a YouTube video the volume will stay stuck at 10. Even after pressing the volume up and down does nothing. The only fix I found was restarting the phone but then it just happens again...

This is getting really annoying. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks

You are not alone in this issue friend. My 720 also has the same issue.:(

nikhilmistri

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends i am also facing volume rocker issue..... My volume down key do not respond for some time and lights in capacitive touch buttons do not glow some times .... I am facing this issue post black update..... They work fine when connected to charger .....any one has some solution..... I am using L 720

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This used to happen to me while using headphones. turns out the problem was in the headphone cable and using a different pair fixed it.

jason_tee

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue after switched from 920 to 1020, thought it was a hardware defect, then saw someone posted online said issue resolved after remove the stop music app. If you are using any stop music app, try removing it or use another one. Previously I was using insider pro stop music live tile and it gave me this issue, remove the live tile, grab another app named quick tiles and use its stop music, turns on ok, been monitoring for almost a week, no more issue.

nikhilmistri

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem .... Problem solved.... Solution for me is little weird... I just found that problem started when i installed Facebook messenger..... I uninstall it and for now the volume rocker is just working fine.......

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have fixed the volume the problem! Deleted Stop the music. Tested for 2hrs now no problems at all. Thanks to all who helped!!

Update: After extensive testing I can say 100% the cause of the volume glitch was the stop the music app. Anyone with it should delete it ASAP! thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans