Music player

tullee

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having a Lumia 720. Bought this two months ago. The music player was working fine till a few days back. There are multiple entries for almost all the songs. Even when there is a single music file, after playing it gets duplicated or triplicated and sometimes more. I have tried everything and its just the same.

I used Windows explorer earlier. But after the problem happened, i deleted everything on the phone and formatted the SD card. Then i used WP app/media player to sync files between phone and laptop. Even that resulted in multiple entries. Immediately after syncing, i can see single files but once i start playing, the multiple entries start to show. When i delete any one file, the other files of the same name cannot be played.

When the above did not work, i ran the above procedure again and followed it up with a hard reset of the phone. But even now, the same things happening. I have tried using other media players but the same song keeps playing twice or thrice. I cannot use music on my phone anymore.

I have gone through threads which have described the same problem faced by others since 2013. I am so surprised that Nokia/MS have not bothered to do anything about it.

Can anyone help??? Thanks...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's my recommendation. The reason I suggest it is because it worked for my wife's L820 which had the same problem.

1) Format the SD Card in the phone and then remove.
2) Hard reset the phone - Settings -> About -> Reset phone (note this deletes all files on phone be sure to back up. Game data is not saved)
3) Re-insert SD Card, format it again.
4) Copy music over using Windows Explorer.

Even if the phone has the latest updates on it, I found that if there's an error on the phone at the outset it sticks around. A hard reset needs to be done after an update to fix things.

That to me is the only answer to this problem. Even when we get WP8.1 I would recommend a hard reset after the install.

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I successfully did one thing....

Bought a Micro SD reader, removed the card from phone, inserted the card in reader and connected to my laptop....copy pasted songs thru simple commands....and inserted the card back in L720.

No multiplication issue till date.

rgds
NY

Hard reset means I'm gonna loose all my apps is it?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3