Glance screen text moving around since update?

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Since the update yesterday, my idle mode glance screen when the device is charging has been acting weird... the Clock as well as notifications will move up/down the phone's display. For example, it will start at the bottom like usual then move to the middle randomly after a bit, then to the top, etc.

Is there any reason for this, any fix, or is this a change in the new update? I don't see any settings for this in the lock screen customization options.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
It always did that, even before the update, it does that to prevent screen burn-ins, so it's pretty normal :)

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since the update yesterday, my idle mode glance screen when the device is charging has been acting weird... the Clock as well as notifications will move up/down the phone's display. For example, it will start at the bottom like usual then move to the middle randomly after a bit, then to the top, etc.

Is there any reason for this, any fix, or is this a change in the new update? I don't see any settings for this in the lock screen customization options.
My guess is to prevent burn-in for AMOLED screens. Wish they could have an option for LCD screens like the 1520. I noticed it too after the update

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine has never moved before and I got mine on the day it released. IPS displays also don't ever burn-in, only AMOLED (1520 uses IPS).

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's been moving since I first received Glance on my 1020 last year. My 1520 has moved the text since new. Standard feature.

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
No way to disable that I know of... kind of just something it does. It's the burn-in prevention mechanism. I have mine set to go off after 15 minutes so it's not that bad.

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh and I got my update right after I purchased so I'm not sure if that enabled this or not. Just didn't think it would since my 1020 did this before the 1520 was released so I'd think they would be similar.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
From the first version of Glance last year, glace time clock always moves from down to up..... not a recent thingy.... you must have kept it as peek or other options before... but it was doing it

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I had it on peek before and it never moved. On peek now, it moves. I got the lumia 1520 on the launch day and it never has moved until now. Furthermore, IPS displays cannot burn-in.

Diktea, did you use glance on a 1520 or which phone?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It didn't originally move on the 1520. I had mine for more than a month...I think mine updated in early February and added the movement. It adjusts up every single minute to avoid burn in...

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a 928 and it's always moved I didn't notice it before because on peek it's not on long enough to trigger it. It only happens while charging for me.

jaguarblack

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Send feedback to Nokia then.

Pointing out the burn-in issue 4-5 times here isn't going to get it changed.

As a matter of fact, I think posting it here will have a better chance of it getting changed. It's out in the public. IF they see enough people to complain about it, they may change it.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
As a matter of fact, I think posting it here will have a better chance of it getting changed. It's out in the public. IF they see enough people to complain about it, they may change it.
Wow, are you serious? Rather than monitoring their official feedback channels their supposed to surf forums on non affiliated websites?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven