Urgent help regarding WIFI , Internet speed & app Installation

Soumyadeep Bishnu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello , This is my first post in wpcentral & I'm very hopeful to get solution for my Nokia Lumia 1020 regarding the problems listed below .

Problem 1 :

Whenever I connect my 1020 to my laptop WiFi it connects but after 2-3 minutes later it(network) just hangs. I get messages like "We're having trouble getting data" . I also connect my Samsung Galaxy Grand with this home WiFi but never faced any hanging issue . So I would like to ask is there any solution for that ? If not is there any other way I can connect my 1020 to my Laptop's Internet ?

Problem 2 :

For the above problem I can't install large sized games in 1020 but I can download those to my PC as the windows phone store have the option to Download the app in my PC. Is there any way to install apps manually from my PC to my Lumia 1020 ?

Problem 3

Is it possible to see real time internet speed in Lumia 1020 like in my Samsung galaxy grand with the help of an app called "Internet speed" ? (Kindly see attached image)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-16-18-52-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-18-52-25.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 1

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
There is something funky with the WiFi it connection it seems. Maybe you have a proxy enables that doesn't need to be?

If it has an SD card, you can install from there. Load from PC to SD, then install on 1020. I would suggest a soft reset in the 1020 then try again, or just log into windowsphone.com from the PC and install from there. On large apps/games, it seems to work better for me.

You can't check real time download speeds, bit you can check network speed. Bandwidth test, Speedtest.net are both great apps that I use regularly to check my connection speeds.

Soumyadeep Bishnu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
There is something funky with the WiFi it connection it seems. Maybe you have a proxy enables that doesn't need to be?

If it has an SD card, you can install from there. Load from PC to SD, then install on 1020. I would suggest a soft reset in the 1020 then try again, or just log into windowsphone.com from the PC and install from there. On large apps/games, it seems to work better for me.

You can't check real time download speeds, bit you can check network speed. Bandwidth test, Speedtest.net are both great apps that I use regularly to check my connection speeds.

Hello Juan , I'm quite sure the WiFi problem is not proxy regarding , as other devices connect with it easily . Kindly be specific if u know it's a proxy problem.

Lumia 1020 doesn't have sd card slot .

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, you DO have a home internet service with a WiFi router? I ask because you said you were connecting to your laptop's WiFi. Every WiFi setting on your Android should mirror what would be set on your WP. Do you have keep "Keep WiFi on Under Lock Screen" enabled? This is in the Advanced tab under WiFi. If not, and your screen times out, the connection will drop. What is your WiFi speed?

Soumyadeep Bishnu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
1. I use virtual wifi router from my laptop to create hotspot which works with all the WiFi enabled devices .

2. The option "Keep WiFi on Under Lock Screen" is checked in my 1020.

3. My WiFi speed is 9.2 Mbps

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude, I don't know then, unless your 1020 just has issues talking to the virtual router. I sometimes use PC Remote Pro's PC app to create a virtual hotspot, but it works seamless for me.

Just for kicks, enable airplane mode, then connect to the virtual network with cellular completely off. Does this give you the same results?

Also, how many devices do you have connected at the same time?

Soumyadeep Bishnu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Did you try another program for the virtual router?

Also, where is your laptop getting the internet from?

Hello mate , yes I have tried two programs - "Google mhotspot" & "Virtual WiFi router 2.0.15"
My laptop is getting the internet from Internet Dongle .

@ Juan , I have tried the airplane mode , doesn't work for me .

Sometimes I only connect 1020 & sometimes 1020 & Grand .

can u provide me the link of PC Remote Pro's PC app ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon