520 and tethering?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

New 520 and wondering about tethering. I have an unlimited data plan and currently use a Moto X tethered for the PCs in the home.

I wanted to get a windows phone to see what it was like and the 520 was the best entry deal for a new phone. I have done some searching on tethering and can't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible?
How?
Is it part of win8-phone?
Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

New 520 and wondering about tethering. I have an unlimited data plan and currently use a Moto X tethered for the PCs in the home.

I wanted to get a windows phone to see what it was like and the 520 was the best entry deal for a new phone. I have done some searching on tethering and can't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible?
How?
Is it part of win8-phone?
Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

You're carrier would have to allow it, but under settings, there's an "Internet sharing" option that will allow your device to connect to it via WiFi. I just had this on my 520 and it worked great. If you're carrier doesn't allow you, it will say so when you try to turn it on.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
You're carrier would have to allow it

Thanks, yes they do. I am currently using Tethering with a Moto X and it is spotty at best. In fact, if Tethering is not allowed, the X at least, will not show the option to create the Tethered AP as I believe it is a SIM controlled issue.

I am not sure if the spotty performance is the cell network or the phone. I will give the 520 a try. Thanks for pointing me at where to look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb