Looks Like My Phone Was Hacked. Lumia 520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighead81

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
A picture which is stored on my phone appeared on my screen with what looked like someone typing away "vwowvwowv". This was displayed as a comment below the photo. The phone was only connected to a 3g signal and not to WIFI. Question is, is this possible? Maybe a faulty phone? If so what can I do to prevent this from occurring again? - I did a factory reset, which on another note took all night :-(

Last edited:

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey, just to keep worries off other fellow Lumia owners, lumias are next to impossible to hack ! :)
Dont worry, i didn't really get what you said, but still, its an extremely unlikely scenario that your phone was hacked. I know something about how os are organized/operate, and to me, i dont see a way anything can hack your phone and operate it...
So dont worry fellas, lumias are fully secure :) (unless you were using teamviewer maybe :)) i dont know about it)

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Not being a learned 520 owner yet, I would start suspecting everything you have downloaded or installed lately via the browser. Any non-app-store apps?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Not being a learned 520 owner yet, I would start suspecting everything you have downloaded or installed lately via the browser. Any non-app-store apps?
dont worry many, firstly, wp8 doesn't get hacked. An app can access only a bare minimum of your data. Secondly they cannot run in the background. Thirdly, there's no way to install non-store apps like in android. Welcome to the safe world of windows phone and forget lagdroid now ! :)

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this can help understanding the "reality" about mobile hacking :

Can a Windows Phone Become Hacked?

Allthough a WP is less likely and probable to be hacked, as shown in that report, the reality is that WP also has some vulnerabilities that hackers COULD exploit. The OS does have less of them than iPhoam and Androth, and so it really isn't very likely to be hacked, no doubt.
But saying it is "impossible" is getting a little too far ahead of yourself ;-)

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this can help understanding the "reality" about mobile hacking :

Can a Windows Phone Become Hacked?

Allthough a WP is less likely and probable to be hacked, as shown in that report, the reality is that WP also has some vulnerabilities that hackers COULD exploit. The OS does have less of them than iPhoam and Androth, and so it really isn't very likely to be hacked, no doubt.
But saying it is "impossible" is getting a little too far ahead of yourself ;-)

there might be loopholes, but none which can allow someone to use your phone remotely, and then even click a screenshot of it (I'm beginning to understand what he had mentioned in the first post. My explanation: he was drunk one night, and was typing anything and everything, and was pressing all buttons (or maybe had some reason to press power+win) and got a hangover in the morning.
P.s. Please dont get offended if you dont drink.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It might happen in real, but I really LOL when some people just start a new thread as their first post in the community with something they saw on phone and then they disappear and never come back to comment :)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
People seem to forget that a couple of years ago there was an SMS vulnerability discovered on Windows Phone that allowed hackers to carry out a denial-of-service attack on the device. No system is perfect. Where there is a will, there's a way. ;)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think a more simple possibility is that there is something on the screen that the 520 is interpreting as a finger touch and it is randomly being interpreted by the system. I've had this happen to me when I was working out, sweating hard and took a call. Afterwards, the phone was doing weird things until I wiped my sweat off.

Just a thought.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think that the OP saw his Facebook tile displaying the notification that someone commented vvowwov or whatever was displayed there, on one of his pics on FB, which happens to be stored on his phone as well -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)