Can you stream Sirius/XM on the 1520 in IE since there is no app available yet???

NSX38

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Just like what the title says, can you stream from the Sirius/XM website on IE since there is no app available yet for WP??? Me and my wife use this a lot especially when we go to the gym since we have a subscription to their internet service. If so would it work also on the 1020?

Thx

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have not gotten that to work. I'm eagerly awaiting an app and have contacted them many times. Pleas search the forums to find the thread with contact info and help us get an app made 😊

NSX38

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'll look for that thread with that contact info in it. I can't believe that Sirius Xm hasn't made an app for WP yet?? How long have people been bugging them for? Does anybody know why you can't stream in IE?

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe the SiriusXM web app still requires flash so it's not working on IE/WP8. No app either, which is just sad. On the upside, other services are getting better and cheaper so by the time they make an app I may not be interested.

NSX38

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there another browser alternative within WP that is flash compliant?? I wonder if IE 11 (I think it's IE11 not to sure though..) that is being introduced with 8.1 will have flash enabled??

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
just keep sending messages to Sirius only way to get them to actually do something or make it so we can browse it on a windows phone with out flash.

expectafight

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Years ago (like the No-Do days of WP7), there were 2 Satellite radio apps, but they were taken down because Sirius/XM sent Cease letters to the devs. It's a damn shame that they haven't developed an app or a 3rd Party dev with some decent chops (like Rudy Huyn or those folks at distinction) took a crack at it.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Even though I do not stream, I just canceled my subscription, I was canceling anyways, but I told them it was because they did not have an app. I had some very special rate that was ending.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I think you can run a remote desktop app, and log in to your pc, run the SiriusXM stream on your pc (internet explorer), and play it on your phone...I am not sure If the native app on windows phone will do it, or if you will need to install an app like ConnectMe.

Yosef92

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Price dropped to $10.99. I got it and it works. Not sure if it will continue to work, as the earlier apps failed to keep up with Sirius Streaming changes. But it functions now.

The good:
-It is good looking
-It plays Sirius streams presented
-Finally

The not so good:
-Needs "Now playing" screen, with Channel, Artist, Title
-Needs selection of channel by number. App has a browse by category feature only, and it's hard to find all available channels using this method
-Needs a favorites screen/area
-Needs to better implement all of Sirius streaming options --- Custom mix, Search, Notifications

Question: Will it function going forward, or be negatively affected by Sirius Streaming changes?

After several years, I'm happy with anything addressing SiriusXM. And this is a great start. Please continue adding features.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I cant believe a giant company like Sirius/XM still uses the outdated Flash technology... I mean c'mon keep up with the times! and the fact that they haven't made a WP app just proves another reason they're so behind! LOL pretty sad if you ask me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos