an unexpected benefit of four microphones

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is that the speech recognition is AWESOME. I was walking through the Dallas airport this morning, dashing off an email despite all the noise around me. Have never had a device work in that environment (and I spent 15 years in the speech industry).

Wow, double wow. Oh, and the camera rocks too. Especially Refocus. WP_20140317_18_32_32_Raw.jpg

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I held off a week and then was planning to take it back given the lack of Glance and double-tap, both of which I enjoyed on the 928.

but I went gaga over the camera, and I held onto it.

it's still a bit big for my hand (928 was perfect), and I really miss Glance, but the camera is to die for.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
MT.....I seriously want to upgrade to the Icon for the camera (I have a big vacation planned in September) but the lack of Glance is keeping me from pulling the trigger. I think I am going to wait until mid-summer and hopefully they will have sorted out the Glance situation.

I held off a week and then was planning to take it back given the lack of Glance and double-tap, both of which I enjoyed on the 928.

it's still a bit big for my hand (928 was perfect), and I really miss Glance, but the camera is to die for.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I miss the Glance and double tap as well and I have noticed the better speech recognition.
As far as sizing, really? It is literally 2.1mm wider and 4mm taller.
You must have some sensitive hands to notice that because I am holding them both in my hand right now and the sizing is almost identical. The 928 feels a bit more 'smooth' I guess on the edges than the icon which makes it feel a tad bit different when holding.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
sph, I might've taken it back but I was headed on a trip and wanted the great camera. very glad I kept it (not that the 928 is a total slouch, but the ability to zoom is incredible).

defrinitely still annoyed about Glance, but if you're wedded to VZW like me, it's basically the Icon. I'd be shocked if they launch another winphone in the next year. they're not att.

slater, it's a millimeter wider. and the bezel is smaller. so your thumb has to reach further across to hit the other side of the screen. if you have larger hands than mine it won't be a problem.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is that the speech recognition is AWESOME. I was walking through the Dallas airport this morning, dashing off an email despite all the noise around me. Have never had a device work in that environment (and I spent 15 years in the speech industry).

Wow, double wow. Oh, and the camera rocks too. Especially Refocus. View attachment 60063

4 mics with great speech recgonition.........here conrtana cortana cortana

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
With that kind of speech recognition power, Cortana could easily beat the snot out of Siri or Google Now. And the irony of it is that Siri uses Bing as its search engine. Not many people know that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes