Won a Nokia Icon - problem is I am on AT&T

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone - I won, via twitter, a new Nokia Icon. As you all know it is locked to Verizon (well at least above GSM levels) and I am on AT&T with a darn Lumia 920. So basically I am left to sell it. However - sites like Gazalle and Amazon Trade are not taking them yet. I guess because it's too new? I have had a string of bad luck on ebay lately when selling other stuff with buyers following thru. See some going for $500 ish so I might try it again at those levels.

Really just wish I could use the phone but looking for any suggestions?

​Thanks in advance

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone - I won, via twitter, a new Nokia Icon. As you all know it is locked to Verizon (well at least above GSM levels) and I am on AT&T with a darn Lumia 920. So basically I am left to sell it. However - sites like Gazalle and Amazon Trade are not taking them yet. I guess because it's too new? I have had a string of bad luck on ebay lately when selling other stuff with buyers following thru. See some going for $500 ish so I might try it again at those levels.

​Thanks in advance

You'd be better off starting at the 350ish range. Since you won it, you're still making a profit. I'd buy it from you, if I could convince my wife to dump her GS3.

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You'd be better off starting at the 350ish range. Since you won it, you're still making a profit.

Oh - I would just set it up and let the bidding happen. Just seeing some close to $500 makes think about trying it again.

You should speak with your wife. Thanks for the response

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

​Thanks in advance

This should have unlocked GSM bands. Have you tried popping in you sim?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh - I would just set it up and let the bidding happen. Just seeing some close to $500 makes think about trying it again.

You should speak with your wife. Thanks for the response

Lol. I have talked to her. She likes my Icon a lot, but she's finally figured out Android (mostly) and isn't quite ready to jump OS's. My goal is to eventually make our household as Android free as possible. In fact, we're mostly there. My daughter's tablet is Android as well as my wife's GS3. But both my wife and I each have a Surface Pro (she has the Pro 2), and a Windows 8.1 desktop PC.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Here I am still on a Trophy on Verizon and just had my Icon hopes fall completely apart by a financial crisis, yet I never win jack. And I mean never.

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. It is expected to be delivered tomorrow per tracking. I'll let it go for $475 + shipping cost.

djburkes

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is interested in purchasing let me know. It is expected to be delivered tomorrow per tracking. I'll let it go for $475 + shipping cost.

How about a trade? I just switched to Verizon and have a 1520 that I can no longer use. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Let me know if you are interested.

djburkes

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I maybe would do a trade + $150 - how old is your 1520?

I got my 1520 a couple of weeks after they released it. I don't see spending the extra $150 plus the 1520. My 1520 is in excellent shape and is an inch bigger than the Icon with the same specs except for the drive space. My 1520 has 16 gigs of space and the Icon has 32. I'll trade straight up with a CP-623 case, otherwise, I can get an Icon free through Verizon as I don't have to pay for my phones. I just thought I would help you out since you have a 920.

dtc81

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick update: sold the Icon on Ebay. Was surprised it sold for $561. I have no clue why someone would pay that when they could have bought it up $550. I guess to keep an unlimited plan and not pay a little bit of taxes. Anyway - wish I could have kept it and replaced by L920.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This phone will work on ATT, with the only probable exception being LTE. You should be able to get HSPA+, though.
Any Verizon phone that has LTE is NOT - I repeat - NOT locked to Verizon. They are not allowed to lock phones to their network because of the terms they agreed to when they leased their LTE band.
[INFO]47 CFR 27.16 - Network access requirements for Block C in the 746-757 and 776-787 MHz bands. | LII / Legal Information Institute
(e) Handset locking prohibited. No licensee may disable features on handsets it provides to customers, to the extent such features are compliant with the licensee's standards pursuant to paragraph (b)of this section, nor configure handsets it provides to prohibit use of such handsets on other providers' networks. [/INFO]

I have gotten two phones from Verizon to work on ATTs network using Straight Talk sims. Look at this thread for the info - the IPs and URLs will be different, because this thread is about Straight Talk, but it is proof that Verizon's LTE phones can indeed work on ATTs network.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/211296-4.htm#post2259713

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786