Lumia 820 vs 625

Disturber

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So my lumia 920 recently got destroyed in fire. I want another wp8 phone because i absolutely enjoyed it, along with the lumia 920 phone. I am looking after second hand lumias, and i've narrowed it to lumia 820 or 625. I can get both for similiar price(130-140?) but i have absolutely no experience with lumia 625. I have been dealing with 820 before but again, not that much.

What are your recommendations? I like 820 for a better camera, but it has worse battery. What are the general faults for both of them, because lets be honest, they all have them, even my 920 did :)

Last edited:

sanuj_bhatia_54

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 820 becoz it has 1 GB of ram do will be more stable..Snapdragon S4 Pro + 1.5 ghz dual core and 8MP carl Zeiss camera..Nokia Lumia 625 does have a bigger screen but Nokia Lumia 820 is gonna give you good performance according to mee. I own a Nokia Lumia 820 and its going all good for mee. Also Nokia WP8 GDR3 update..do if you wanna have all the features of thus update go with Lumia 820 coz GDR3 black update all features does require 1 GB of ram. Also i think so WP8.1 gonna work smooth on 1 gb ram devices 😉

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but it's not comparable.
Have you ever had the L625 in hands? Just compare the display quality. The cam it's a Carl Zeiss VS a Chinese.
Finally the RAM can make the difference when you try to install some apps.

Disturber

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but it's not comparable.
Have you ever had the L625 in hands? Just compare the display quality. The cam it's a Carl Zeiss VS a Chinese.
Finally the RAM can make the difference when you try to install some apps.

So which one has a better display quality?

Too bad 520 doesn't have a flash light, otherwise it would be in instant buy.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 820 is a class act. It has the same insides as the 9XX series; but is smaller, has a SD slot, a removeable battery, and a knockout screen that is only .2 of an inch smaller than the 9XX's Plus you can get wireless charging in a bunch of different color back covers, it has Dual band Wifi, and a full 1 gig of ram. I have been having my 820 for almost 9 months and have never had a single problem with it. I have never understood why they quit selling the 820 after such a short time.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
The 820 is a class act. It has the same insides as the 9XX series; but is smaller, has a SD slot, a removeable battery, and a knockout screen that is only .2 of an inch smaller than the 9XX's Plus you can get wireless charging in a bunch of different color back covers, it has Dual band Wifi, and a full 1 gig of ram. I have been having my 820 for almost 9 months and have never had a single problem with it. I have never understood why they quit selling the 820 after such a short time.

What is your experience with the battery life? I have an order for an 820, and it's coming early next week. I'm looking forward to it.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
With normal usage I get about 2 days and a few hours, even under heavy usage I get 1 day and 9 hours. At least according to my battery meter, which keeps track of usage between charges.

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
With normal usage I get about 2 days and a few hours, even under heavy usage I get 1 day and 9 hours. At least according to my battery meter, which keeps track of usage between charges.
This seems a stretch. But I guess usage is pretty subjective. If there is one thing I would have changed in my 820, it would be battery life. It's just not great. Although I suppose it can get you through the day with medium usage. Again, my medium and your medium will most probably be different.

Apart from that, the screen is a killer. Absolute blacks and gorgeous saturated colors. 1gb ram on snapdragon isn't shabby either. Worked for me beautifully so far. 625 is like the galaxy grand of windows phone. The only thing worth noticing about it is the big screen at cheap price.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I feel like the poor battery life of the 820 should not be as much of a deal because of the removable battery. Get a spare battery and external battery charger so you can just pop another battery when your battery gets low. That's what I've done on all of my phones and plan to do once I receive my 820 in the mail to replace my sold Lumia 521. Removable battery, micro SD card slot, and 1GB of RAM were the main reasons for me to decide on the 820 over other Windows Phones.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I feel like the poor battery life of the 820 should not be as much of a deal because of the removable battery. Get a spare battery and external battery charger so you can just pop another battery when your battery gets low. That's what I've done on all of my phones and plan to do once I receive my 820 in the mail to replace my sold Lumia 521. Removable battery, micro SD card slot, and 1GB of RAM were the main reasons for me to decide on the 820 over other Windows Phones.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I'm just like you in getting an 820 to replace my 520 for similar reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05