Nokia Lumia 930 to come in the second quarter of 2014

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Many rumors were spinning around the date when Nokia's next flagship would be announced , but here I have come with yet more important info , when it will be released .
I have written a post on the facebook page of Nokia's main and only distributer of Nokia Phones in Palestine - Moseco , and in a comment I asked them about the Lumia 930 , they said it's a great device and they told me "they (Nokia) told us that it will be released and availble in Q2 of 2014 ( second quarter of 2014)" and also they mentioned it would pack wp 8.1 out-of-the-box . They didn't confirm the announcment date , but they surely revealed the release date and that's much more important.
We don't know much about the 930 but it seems to be a great step forward.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I hope its not another 5" bull****phone

Just big big big big. Where are the normal, smaller MOBILEphones. I dont need a huge computer in my pocket ! :(((

The funniest thing is the 620 "successor" with 4,5" and a stupidly small resolution. The 620 has 3,8", thats very handy.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe we will have the LUMIA 930 by the beginning of June. I'll be disappointed if later and if the screen is smaller than 5". A possible LUMIA 830 could have a smaller screen for those who prefer smaller phones but still with good specs.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Just big big big big. Where are the normal, smaller MOBILEphones. I dont need a huge computer in my pocket ! :(((

The funniest thing is the 620 "successor" with 4,5" and a stupidly small resolution. The 620 has 3,8", thats very handy.
It will be a 5" 1080p phone and that's what the majority of 930 buyers including myself want.
Read this: It is time to redefine the smartphone; phablets are the future of mobile | Windows Phone Central

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My question is, if this 930 is a flagship phone, then whatever happened to the goldfinger? Wasn't that supposed to be the flagship with 3D touch? I've been holding out on upgrading for that phone. It would be sad if it is non existent

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My question is, if this 930 is a flagship phone, then whatever happened to the goldfinger? Wasn't that supposed to be the flagship with 3D touch? I've been holding out on upgrading for that phone. It would be sad if it is non existent
Goldfinger rumors sounded way too good to be true with those specs and all kinds of rumors. Given that the Lumia 930 is likely to be the flagship for most of this year and that codename is Martini. I reckon Goldfinger was either just fake rumors and nothing more only meant to build hype, or Goldfinger could possibly be the Lumia 1020's successor in which case it may arrive around the fall season.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There are also leaks that say it will have 4,5'' (what I hope) so don't be too sure that it will have 5''.

That would be a problem for me. I've been waiting since my 920 was stolen in August to buy a 930 but I have been hoping for a bigger screen, which means, same size as the 920 but better use of the space = less bezel and more screen. It's possible to have a 5" screen in a phone with the same size as the 920. I'm also hoping it will be a lot thinner but maintaining the built quality, like the 925.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That would be a problem for me. I've been waiting since my 920 was stolen in August to buy a 930 but I have been hoping for a bigger screen, which means, same size as the 920 but better use of the space = less bezel and more screen. It's possible to have a 5" screen in a phone with the same size as the 920. I'm also hoping it will be a lot thinner but maintaining the built quality, like the 925.

​I just bought 925, dont tell me there will be 930 soon T_T

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There are also leaks that say it will have 4,5'' (what I hope) so don't be too sure that it will have 5''.

Are these leaks from @NextLeaks? The guy that keeps deleting his wrong tweets? If it's from Nextleaks, then I wont even advice you to take it with a grain of salt cause you probably know more than the guy does lol

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Goldfinger rumors sounded way too good to be true with those specs and all kinds of rumors. Given that the Lumia 930 is likely to be the flagship for most of this year and that codename is Martini. I reckon Goldfinger was either just fake rumors and nothing more only meant to build hype, or Goldfinger could possibly be the Lumia 1020's successor in which case it may arrive around the fall season.

Well, the only rumor about it (from eVleaks, Tom and WPC) was the 3D touch. The specs was from @NextLeaks who has been wrong more than 80% of the time. He keeps deleting his tweets.
Hopefully GoldFinger still exists and comes out earlier than fall (@eVleaks said GoldFinger and MoneyPenny were shaping up to be Nokia's first 8.1 devices and I know plans change but I hope it's still the case)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Easy counter-point: When will they stop making tiny phones that are a pain to read? My HTC Droid Incredible was a 3/8" device, and going to the 4.5" of the Lumia 920 was a BIG improvement. I don't want a small touch-based device, because I have enough issues with precision typing on touchscreens as it is. Plus, bigger smartphone = better screen for media consumption on the go.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
easy counterpoint: We need big AND small phones. We have big AND small hands. We like this AND that...

But to be honest, there are enough "big" phones. Even the new 620 (630) will have 4,5". So he is right by saying, we need some small phones.
Because some people actually like them, because they are HANDY (mobile phones are called "Handy" in Germany ^^)...Its enough to read mails, make calls, write text msgs. Not everyone uses the phone to play games and watch youtube all the time...

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
Many rumors were spinning around the date when Nokia's next flagship would be announced , but here I have come with yet more important info , when it will be released .
I have written a post on the facebook page of Nokia's main and only distributer of Nokia Phones in Palestine - Moseco , and in a comment I asked them about the Lumia 930 , they said it's a great device and they told me "they (Nokia) told us that it will be released and availble in Q2 of 2014 ( second quarter of 2014)" and also they mentioned it would pack wp 8.1 out-of-the-box . They didn't confirm the announcment date , but they surely revealed the release date and that's much more important.
We don't know much about the 930 but it seems to be a great step forward.

from experience most of middle east tech sales don't really know whats going on, I remember one of the sales men told me, that his manager totally denied Nokia making an android device, and that its insane to do so... that was about a month ago, Nokia android device was almost revealed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786