Open WiFi connection problems on Nokia 925

NP13

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I`ve got a Nokia 925 on the UK o2 network.

The phone and Windows itself is very good and everything works except for one glitch.

When I log onto a secured WiFi connection, either at home or when I`m out and about, I have absolutely no problems connecting to WiFi.

When I try and connect to an open WiFi network, I get the following message virtually every time: -

We can`t connect to search at the moment. Make sure flight mode is turned off and check your mobile data or WiFi connection.

I`ve made sure flight mode is off and my internet settings are on. I have tried to delete the network and close WiFi and start again. I`ve also switched phone off and back on again. Still no joy.

What eventually makes it work, is if I connect to a website using my 3G connection and then switch WiFi on. It then takes me to the WiFi network login page. Or if I switch WiFi on, then go into internet explorer and wait. Eventually it brings up WiFi.

I`ve updated to the Black update and thought that would solve the problem. This only started after the amber update.

Is there a solution to this? How can this be escalated to either Nokia or Windows phone people? Or is my phone faulty?

Thanks.

Ned...

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So these open WiFi networks you are using. Are they for example for Hotels who offer wifi where you typically login through a website to gain access?

NP13

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
The WiFi sites are usually in places like cafes, which are open as opposed to secure.

When I see the list of available WiFi networks, it is the ones which are shown as `open` that I have problems with.

The ones shown as `secure`, I can always get into, as long as I have the password. They work fine.

Ned..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb