Is it possible to change Nokia Lumia Product Code?

applesucks4ever

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What's up guys,
I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 920 (White).
It came from Italy (Product Code: 059R0L6). What I liked about it: LTE support. What I didn't like: came in Italian by default; came with crap ware from Italian provider.
So I flashed it with a different ROM (Product Code: 059R1W5), but when I opened up NSU for Retail, the product code listed didn't change (instead of showing 059R1W5 it still showed 059R0L6)

Is there a way of changing my Lumia's product code? So when I open NSU for Retail it'd show the new Product Code instead of the original one.

=========== Another Question ==========
Does anyone know of a product code which I could use? The 059R1W5 is a European version, but no LTE support :crying: I need one that comes in English (preferably US) by default, has no carrier splash screen (AT&T etc...), and has LTE support?

==================================
UPDATE: The color is WHITE, so a code for that color is necessary
OK those 2 questions are all I have. Hopefully someone can help me.
Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
What's up guys,
I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 920 (White).
It came from Italy (Product Code: 059R0L6). What I liked about it: LTE support. What I didn't like: came in Italian by default; came with crap ware from Italian provider.
So I flashed it with a different ROM (Product Code: 059R1W5), but when I opened up NSU for Retail, the product code listed didn't change (instead of showing 059R1W5 it still showed 059R0L6)

Is there a way of changing my Lumia's product code? So when I open NSU for Retail it'd show the new Product Code instead of the original one.

=========== Another Question ==========
Does anyone know of a product code which I could use? The 059R1W5 is a European version, but no LTE support :crying: I need one that comes in English (preferably US) by default, has no carrier splash screen (AT&T etc...), and has LTE support?

UPDATE: The color is WHITE, so a code for that color is necessary
OK those 2 questions are all I have. Hopefully someone can help me.
Thanks in advance,

Andrew

You cannot change product code of the phone, even by flashing another ROM.

There is no problem in flashing a ROM of another color (eg black color ROM on white phone) The color code dictates the color of the tiles when the phone first boots up.

Best ROM to flash would be the country variant Ron of the country you live in.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

applesucks4ever

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You cannot change product code of the phone, even by flashing another ROM.

There is no problem in flashing a ROM of another color (eg black color ROM on white phone) The color code dictates the color of the tiles when the phone first boots up.

Best ROM to flash would be the country variant Ron of the country you live in.

Thanks for your reply! But I don't live in a supported country i.e. my country isn't listed. Currently I've flashed a UK ROM which supports 4G under highest network speed. But I'm looking for one with LTE support, English (US / UK)

Andrew

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Look for a country with same LTE bands as your country and flash that ROM. Check which LTE bands your service provider uses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720