Camera Roll folder of my Lumia 1020 is not visible anymore on a PC

Andrew Russel

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Hello everyone,
I need urgent help with such issue:

I used to move my photo and video files from my Lumia 1020 to my PC (Windows XP updated to last version) connecting by USB cable.

Now the Camera Roll folder is not visible anymore on the PC. I see all other folders (Sampe Pictures, Saved Pictures, Screenshots) in Pictures folder and all of content of those folders, also I?m able to modify it (copy, delete, rename etc.), but the folder ?Camera Roll? is missing, also in the properties of Pictures folder the information about Camera Roll folder and it?s content is missing (the number of files in this folder doesn?t shows up in counting: 3 folders and 84 files instead of 4 folders and 800 files).
Restarting computer and phone did not help.

Also re-connecting the phone and the cable after shutting down the phone and turning it on automatically by connecting it by USB cable to PC did not help (I?ve found this suggestion to fix the connection issue and tried it).

​This is an exact copy from Camera Roll folder of my Lumia 1020 is not visible anymore on a PC - Microsoft Community . But none so far had solve the issue. Im also experiencing the problem.
:sweaty::cry:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Though this isn't quite a solution I would recommend doing the following:

1. Backup your photos on OneDrive so you don't lose them.
2. Do a backup of your phone data
3. Perform a hard reset on your phone -> Settings -> About -> Phone reset

Prior to doing a hard reset you can try a soft reset to see if that helps. Soft reset -> Hold volume down and power together until phone vibrates then let go. Phone will reboot. You may need to reset date and time. No files are deleted.

If neither of those two help you can try the following software. Note that it completely wipes your phone clean.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem..

Videos taken by Lumia Camera/Camera is not showing up on PC.
I cannot just upload GB's of videos from my phone; how come videos aren't visible on file explorer anymore?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers