Need HELP! Lumia 1520 cannot identify micro SD card

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Good Evening!

Long time lurker, first time posting. I tried the search bar, and found only one thread (that has long since been dead) regarding my problem.

I have had the Lumia for about 1 week now and everything is working great. Today, I received my 64gb SanDisk micro SD. The problem is that the phone does not seem to recognize the card.
I tried using other cards - 32 GB sandisk from my go pro) and 16 GB from my old Galaxy note. Neither can be read by Lumia. The option is either grayed out or the SD card option cannot even be seen under Setting>Phone storage.

In addition, the phone takes a lot longer (3-5 minutes) to boot with the micro SD.

I called Nokia support and they told me to reformat the card the 64GB to exFAT / 128kb and/or the 32gb to FAT/32kb. So far nothing.
They gave me a ticket to call back if it does not work, so I am calling again tomorrow.

Anyone have a clue what else to do? I have also tried a soft reset, and a hard/factory reset. Nothing seems to work!

Help! This is really frustrating. :crying:

thank you in advance!
-Doni

P.S. other than that, the phone is amazing! My journey back to windows phone and Nokia has been worth it (my last windows phones were an HD7s, which was stolen, then a Dell Venue Pro, which shattered, and my last nokia was a 9300 communicator back in undergrad).

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Seems like you have faulty SD card slot , try taking your phone to the nearest Nokia care centre , it's still under warranty so they will replace or fix this for you :)

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me for a bit.The phone just sucks at reading SD cards. Had 2 different 1520s both with the same problem. I don't think there is a fix.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me for a bit.The phone just sucks at reading SD cards. Had 2 different 1520s both with the same problem. I don't think there is a fix.

Was the problem with both phones with the same sd card. Also what sd card were you using. The phone needs the sd cards used to be above a certain grade.

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Was the problem with both phones with the same sd card. Also what sd card were you using. The phone needs the sd cards used to be above a certain grade.

I tried 3 different cards, with different capacities.

Here are two of the cards:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A: Electronics

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A): Electronics

-Doni

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Seems like you have faulty SD card slot , try taking your phone to the nearest Nokia care centre , it's still under warranty so they will replace or fix this for you :)

OK, update (sort of). I tried to reformat the 32GB card (again!) - fat32/32kb - and the card read it!! So, I did a reformat to the 64GB, removed the 32, and the phone does not read EITHER again.

Any theories??

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, update (sort of). I tried to reformat the 32GB card (again!) - fat32/32kb - and the card read it!! So, I did a reformat to the 64GB, removed the 32, and the phone does not read EITHER again.

Any theories??

your phone is able to read 32 GB card which is formatted as fat 32 KB ? if so try to do the same with your 64GB memory card.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Had the 64 gb at first. Then someone recommended I get a class 6 card. So I bought a 32 gb class 6 card. Both sandisk both failed in both phones. I doubt it's a coincidence.

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Had the 64 gb at first. Then someone recommended I get a class 6 card. So I bought a 32 gb class 6 card. Both sandisk both failed in both phones. I doubt it's a coincidence.

How did you get your sorted out? Did a different brand work? I also tried a Kingston 16GB with the same result.

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
very strange :( you should contact nokia for this

I have. The phone rep, while really nice, was not able to help. I got a ticket number and a return label to ship to a repair center. I am shipping it tomorrow AM should hear back within 7-10 bussiness days. I will update in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have. The phone rep, while really nice, was not able to help. I got a ticket number and a return label to ship to a repair center. I am shipping it tomorrow AM should hear back within 7-10 bussiness days. I will update in case anyone else has this problem in the future.
Hoping they will fix this issue , or send you a new device :)

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hoping they will fix this issue , or send you a new device :)

Update: I just received word that they could not fix the phone so I am getting a new 1520!! The bad news is that it will be locked once again and I have to get it unlocked (it was a pain the first time, so any links to where to get this done faster - outside att preferably).

I will update more when I get the device. It should arrive within the week.

-Doni

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo