Nokia Camera not recording audio - Icon

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having two problems with Nokia Camera on my Icon.

1. When recording a video in Nokia Camera. I have found that it isn't recording sound.
  2. When recording a video in Nokia Camera, it takes about 5 seconds after hitting the record button for it to actually start recording.
I am not sure how to replicate the issue because it has only happened a few times and it will fix itself by restarting the phone.
When it does happen it will happen every time I record a video through Nokia Camera until a reboot.
I at least now figured out that if I hit record and there is a delay between it actually starting to record, then the sound will not be recorded so a restart is necessary.
I can still record through the WP camera app and audio will be recorded, but this is a huge problem for me. I have about 5 videos that I have taken in the past week that were actually pretty important that have no sound now.

Any ideas? I uninstalled Nokia Camera and reinstalled and it still did it. Is this a Nokia Camera bug or an Icon bug?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a software issue have you checked for updates?

If so then I would recommend a hard reset this will delete all the information on your phone if that doesn't work get a replacement.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
It seems like a software issue have you checked for updates?
If so then I would recommend a hard reset this will delete all the information on your phone if that doesn't work get a replacement.

I've got the latest update and performed a soft reset. Was trying to avoid a hard reset, but will probably just have to bite the bullet.
I wish I could figure out how to replicate it to trouble shoot it. It has happened 3 times in the last week.
I also found in the past week that sometimes it won't charge when plugged in, unless I restart the phone.
I have had this phone since launch and my wife's has not had these problems.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got the latest update and performed a soft reset. Was trying to avoid a hard reset, but will probably just have to bite the bullet.
I wish I could figure out how to replicate it to trouble shoot it. It has happened 3 times in the last week.
I also found in the past week that sometimes it won't charge when plugged in, unless I restart the phone.
I have had this phone since launch and my wife's has not had these problems.

I would recommend getting a replacement specially if your wives phone hasn't got these issues.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Well here we are again.
I haven't had these issues on my phone since I started this thread and updating to WP8.1.

My wifes Icon has had this issue come up in the past week. She is on WP8 with 5 videos that do not have sound.
Maybe I should update her to 8.1 but I am getting a bit annoyed considering I have two videos of my kids that were kind of important and she now has a few of our 4 month old that are development milestones that no longer have sound. I also don't think 8.1 actually fixed it.
My mom and dad also have an icon and they shoot a lot of the grandkids and I am worried this will happen to them. I might be going back to my 822 if this continues, but will need to figure out an alternative for the others with Icons.
Overall like the phone, but felt like Nokia made some mistakes for a flagship device.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a question.. Have you tried and copied the recorded videos over to a computer and played them there to make sure no sound is available there either?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn. Never heard of this before. I would've thought it was a faulty device, but since it's happening to your wife's device as well now, it has to be something else.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Damn. Never heard of this before. I would've thought it was a faulty device, but since it's happening to your wife's device as well now, it has to be something else.

What is the best way to let Nokia/MS know about this issue?
Problem is that I don't know how to replicate it. I have performed a soft reset on my phone every few days since the first time the videos recorded without audio. I think this is the main reason that I haven't had the issue come up since. That and WP8.1 likes to reset the phone without notice every few days. I guess they built in a fix! /s
I also just checked my wifes phone and found that all of the videos in the past week have no sound :cry:. I soft reset it and it was back to normal, but I told her if it takes 5+ seconds to start recording, then she needs to restart the phone. She will probably begin restarting every few days like I do to try and avoid it in the future.
It seems to get rid of the problem, but that is kind of ridiculous to have to do that.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure this isn't an Android device? ;) Seriously though, I recommend getting in touch with @WinPhoneSupport and @NokiaHelps on Twitter. That's the fastest way to get help.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure this isn't an Android device? ;) Seriously though, I recommend getting in touch with @WinPhoneSupport and @NokiaHelps on Twitter. That's the fastest way to get help.

Ha, you'd think so. Haven't had anything but success with my Trophy, 521, 822, and 928. The Icon has not been quite as positive (also really missing the glance and double tap to wake features on the Icon) even though I think it was the one I was looking forward to the most.

I have a twitter account but I never use it, so I will check out those avenues, thanks!

outface

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I started experiencing this problem recently on my Icon as well. My last two videos (of the ice bucket challenge) had no sound, which was a major disappointment. After playing around with the phone a bit, I found that the audio worked on the stock Camera app - not the Nokia Camera app which makes me thing that this is a software problem and not related to hardware.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6