I want to get a 1520

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to get a 1520(cant wait for the GoldFinger anymore. A year from now is pretty long) and I want to know, after all the few firmware updates, are they still defects with the 1520 and if so please can you point them out?

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
What about the screen sensitivity issues?

Regardless of manufacturer phones are not uniform. Also users are not identical. I personally only rarely had any kind of screen sensitivity issue. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist for someone somewhere but you have to realize forums are where people go to freak out. Personally I would buy the phone from somewhere where I could return it. Even if they charge you a $15 restocking fee or something like that.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Screen sensitivity is much better, though it never bothered me. Overall build and quality is excellent as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend it.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I dont recommend , Still some work and glitch fixing to be done .

Looking at your posts so far on here I can't understand why you haven't returned your phone with all the different problems you have had with it over the nearly 4 weeks you have had it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I like my phone, I do think the screen is a little too sensitive, but nothing I can't live with. There is just too many good things about the 1520 that it just overpowers the little differences...

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys! Once wp8.1 releases( the dev preview at least), I'm going straight to the shop to get it. The HTC Titan has served me well for 2 years +

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys! Once wp8.1 releases( the dev preview at least), I'm going straight to the shop to get it. The HTC Titan has served me well for 2 years +

Newegg has the 16GB model with Qi charging if you have $619 to spend. They seem to have it in black or white

Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Blanco/White 3G 4G LTE Quad-Core 2.2GHz Unlocked Cell Phone (US LTE Bands)

Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Black 3G 4G LTE Quad-Core 2.2GHz Unlocked Cell Phone (US LTE Bands)

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to get a 1520(cant wait for the GoldFinger anymore. A year from now is pretty long) and I want to know, after all the few firmware updates, are they still defects with the 1520 and if so please can you point them out?
I am still having the tap instead of swipe bug after all firmware and software updates .. It may be a factory defect but we have no idea yet

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a lot for the links.
Unfortunately, I do not stay in the states(stay in Europe) so it would be cheaper if I get it here (shipping costs and all that).
Thanks a lot for digging and getting something that helpful

Hasoumi

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
First as a reply , for the question why im still keeping the phone , as clear from my threads what im suffering , Im a nokia fan since i got my first phone nokia 6600 , But here im having hard time with software , The device itself have its special features like screen , battery life also the camera and most of all i enjoy holding it , feel premium in hand not squishy and its special from where i am , since most dont buy nokia here , But not just that , i also have a note 3 so i dont have to give up on my 1520 , plus all my problems are common (factory defects ) why i should return .

But honestly getting this phone will make you have a world of your own if your friends uses ios or andriod , Its like using a blackberry but much better experience of course , So for some people software could be deadly but for me just using fb/tw , taking pictures ,listen to music and watching videos , its just a great device that you cant compete ..... but multi tasking , my managing and work , and social life on my note 3 , easier switching and multi tasking also faster charging , feel more practical but feels cheap actually since everyone around me have a samsung and all looks the same ....

P.S. touching sensitivity issue wasnt that annoying for me , Since the device running smooth , So it could open an app or so when you didnt mean it , But since you can close it easily without having lag issues i dont really mind .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)