Change Here Drive Region

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I just moved back to the US and want to change the region without paying 20 bucks for the upgrade. Can I just insert new sim and reinstall? Can I insert new sim and hard reset? Is it possible at all? Thanks for any help on the matter.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is possible, based on what it says on Nokia's site:
[h=3]In which countries can I use HERE Drive?[/h] The countries you can use HERE Drive in depends on your model of phone and the country your SIM card is from.
If you have a Lumia 520, Lumia 625 or a Lumia 720, HERE Drive will work in the whole region that your SIM comes from, as long as it comes from one of our supported countries. Note that HERE Drive is locked to the region of the first SIM you put in your phone - if you change SIMs, HERE Drive will not work. Select Settings > Navigation license to see the list of regions HERE Drive will work in.
If you have any other Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8, HERE Drive+ is available for you to use in all supported countries, regardless of where your SIM is from.
If you have a Windows Phone 8 made by a manufacturer other than Nokia, HERE Drive will only work in the region of your SIM card and only if it comes from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain or Germany. Again, HERE Drive is locked to the region of the first SIM you put in your phone - if you change SIMs, HERE Drive will not work. Select Settings > Navigation license to see the list of regions HERE Drive will work in.

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah reinstalling didnt do it, and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to hard reset to only find out that is not going to work either.
You know this is pretty ridiculous that we should have to pay for 20 bucks for this. I moved countries permanently, what the hell? Seriously this sucks. Its not like I am travelling or something, they should make it like xbox live and be able to change the region once every 3 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss