Lumia 1020: Almost Melted and Later Started Working (What I did)

GPat46

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
My beloved 1020 the other night wouldn't charge and the battery port became very hot. I pulled the charger out and let the device cool over night. The next morning the device still wouldn't charge. I had 5% of battery left and was trying to save a few pictures before the item needed to be serviced. The battery eventually died and I plugged in the charger one last time and it has been working ever since. Have you guys experienced anything like this? I am a culprit to using my Lumia 920 charger on the device here and there. I believe this is possibly the issue. I am glad the device is working fine now. Hopefully it stays this way. I suppose allowing the battery to completely die and cool would be one troubleshoot; and the obvious is to stick with the 1020 charger. Duh to me!

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Re using your lumia 920 charger:

if its genuine nokia one and not damaged it shouldn't cause an issue ,if it's supply less current it'll just take longer to charge

i myself prefer to use nokia AC 10x charger in my 1020 i purchased that for my 820 as its got A nice long lead,although it does put out 300ma less current than the Ac 60 charger supplied with phone which gives 1.5a

ive never had any issues with microUsb plug/socket becoming warm ,
if it was becoming warm id be suspect it wasn't connected properly and resistance causing heat.

I do remember using one of those cheap ebay generics on my 620 and that was ridiculously slow to charge @ 8 hours but even that thing itself and the charge socket both remained cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs