Bing Audio not working?

doorpeep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all-

Just picked up a Lumia 925 from that crazy Neweggflash sale.

Everything seems great so far, but I've noticed that for some reason Bing Audio music recognition doesn't seem to work.

I'm getting this message:
"Couldn't Search. Sorry, there was a problem with your search. Please try again later."

It definitely not an issue with backround noise or anything; it's just unable to search.

I'm using T-Mobile $30 prepaid service...

Wondering if anyone else who picked one up has this problem, or knows of a solution?

One guy elsewhere in the forums had the issue with a Lumia 521 and said he fixed it by removing 'child protection' from his prepaid account... but I don't have this type of restriction on my account, as far as I can tell...

cheers,

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that it just doesn't recognize the music you're listening to? I've had that happen when I've listened to indie music that isn't really popular.

Have you tried another app such as Soundhound to see if it recognizes the music?

doorpeep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep- I just tried Soundhound and it worked with no problems.

It doesn't really even try to search for more than a few seconds before getting that message. Weird right?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep- I just tried Soundhound and it worked with no problems.

It doesn't really even try to search for more than a few seconds before getting that message. Weird right?
That is weird. I've actually never used the Bing Audio Search on my 920, since I've been using Soundhound for 2 years now. I started using Soundhound since my friends recommended it, and that is what I've always used.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You could try deleting history of IE and maybe tempfiles? Otherwise no idea.
I like the build in search, works always good. Even if he music is very quiet or people are talking. Quite impressive sometime. Even for MS...:)

doorpeep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried both of these, to no avail. The audio search didn't work straight out of the box, one of the first things I tested!
I'm kind of convinced that this has something to do with my carrier, T-Mobile.. but not sure.
Are any of you on TMO also?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Tried both of these, to no avail. The audio search didn't work straight out of the box, one of the first things I tested!
I'm kind of convinced that this has something to do with my carrier, T-Mobile.. but not sure.
Are any of you on TMO also?

I have AT&T, not T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

doorpeep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just found someone else on a TMO forum who tried using the service on both a Lumia 925 and an HTC 8X, and got the same error as me.
Wondering if the service is down... Could you test it out on your 920 Laura? Maybe this is a TMO thing, though I can't get it to work over wifi either... hmm

Ture Hermansson

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm a big fan of Bing music search myself and it stopped working for me as well on Friday(28th of march).

I'm from Sweden running a L920 on Halebop(telia network) and no success with neither WiFi nor mobile connection. Everything else on the the phone seems to work just fine. Hope this problem will be fixed soon because I want to be able to recognize music again, soundhound and shazam is to many taps away and not that good looking, if you ask me.

Seems like we are not the only guys with this problem:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/271625-bing-music-app-not-working.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/271530-problems-bing-music-search.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/271499-lumia-920-bing-music-search-problem.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre