Lumia 925 purchased from HSN...

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone's box (although not a 925 and not from HSN) also had a seal which was already sliced. But my phone's battery was around 50% before and it had minimal issues compared to the other 1520's out there.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
If the phones work and the packaging was complete, I wouldn't worry about it personally. It would be difficult to impossible to repackage a refurbished phone without being able to tell. The signs I would look for would be missing plastic on the screen, the twist ties on cables being hand turned or other things like that.
A more sinister hypothesis would be that HSN was getting information from the SIM card or the device so they could track activations (some information not available on the box). I assume they are getting some sort of kickbacks or other incentives from TMO and/or Microsoft?

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Also, if there was a car charger in the box, I don't think those came standard, it could have just been as simple as someone inserting those into the boxes.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I assume they are getting some sort of kickbacks or other incentives from TMO and/or Microsoft?
I don't see why Nokia or Microsoft would be doing anything different for Simply Wireless (Newegg & HSN) than the other sellers who are still selling 925s for a lot more.. And I don't see Nokia selling these phones to anyone recently. They were manufactured almost 9 months ago for T-Mobile. I'm sure Nokia doesn't build phones on spec. So T-Mobile paid for these a long time ago. Somehow they ended up at Simply Wireless who probably is either selling overstock at a loss OR snatched them up for a song from someone else taking a loss.

I would really like to know the true story some day.

nusense

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from HSN yesterday.WOW poor packaging.
the shipping box itself was badly taped up, you could peer into the box
The sticker was already cut.
The phone box was half open.
The car charger was out of his packaging...

The phone looks brand new , but this has to be the worst packaging of a so called brand new item ive ever received from a retailer.

I like the phone alot, coming from Ios and andriod. wp8 is refreshing and something different.

LordIzzy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from HSN yesterday.WOW poor packaging.
the shipping box itself was badly taped up, you could peer into the box
The sticker was already cut.
The phone box was half open.
The car charger was out of his packaging...

The phone looks brand new , but this has to be the worst packaging of a so called brand new item ive ever received from a retailer.

I like the phone alot, coming from Ios and andriod. wp8 is refreshing and something different.
My packaging was exactly the same except it sounds like my shipping boxes may have been taped up a little better than yours. But, my boxes had absolutely no packaging material in them at all. So the phone boxes could easily slide around inside the shipping box.

Searching around the web I found some people who posted that they ordered from Newegg and a place called ShopHQ and they were saying the exact same things that we are. They had the exact same poor packaging and the T-Mobile seal was cut on their phone boxes. So I'm pretty well convinced that all of these phones are coming from the same source and I think that source is Simply Wireless.

I'm pretty sure that both of my phones were brand new and never used. The only thing I'm not sure about is why they are cutting the T-Mobile seals.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I received mine about an hour ago. The seal on the T-Mobile box was not broken. The battery was drained. I have it going, it's working good so far, 0 talk time. It was pretty hot near the top for a bit. Is that normal? I'm coming from an 8X.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

I did find something that may be useful. Apparently the phone has the equivalent of a cars odometer called a "Lifetime Counter". If you type ##634# into the dial pad it will bring up a screen that gives you the Lifetime Counter along with some other info. The Lifetime Counter shows the total amount of talk time the phone has ever had. I did this with both of my phones and one had a total of 1:47 (1 hour 47 minutes) and the other 3:12. I logged into my T-Mobile account and added up the total amount of hours/minutes each phone has been used to talk since I activated them and it adds up to these two figures exactly. From what I've read the phones Lifetime Counter cannot be reset. You can use this to tell if your phone has been used in the past. It looks my my two phones have never been activated/used so I guess they are both new.

Interesting also shows the color of your phone

nusense

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Ya, mine had zero talk time on it before I started using the phone and the phone did look brand new. I'm guessing they open the box to check the contents.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my 925 from Newegg but just noticed on its box that it too is from July 16, 2013. Never noticed anything saying "Simply Wireless," though(??).

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my 925 from Newegg but just noticed on its box that it too is from July 16, 2013. Never noticed anything saying "Simply Wireless," though(??).
You wouldn't. As mentioned, it doesn't appear on the box, packing slip, shipping label or in anonymous tracking (the kind anyone can do with the tracking number).

But if you have an account with the shipping company you can see additional information about packages going to you such as the address it will be delivered to and more information about where it is coming from. That information goes away after delivery, so you have to see it while its in transit.

habanero61

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered from HSN, but my unit came sealed with Sim card inside. Oddly it came with some generic car charger and ear buds. I'm new to WP8 after many years on Android, have to say very refreshing and beautiful phone so far.

anon(5140585)

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Will this T-Mobile 925 work with AT&T LTE bands? I saw the 4G bands are the same, but what about LTE? Anything else that I should I know about differences between the 2 models?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Will this T-Mobile 925 work with AT&T LTE bands? I saw the 4G bands are the same, but what about LTE? Anything else that I should I know about differences between the 2 models?

It should work on AT&T, including LTE, but you'd need to get it unlocked. Of course, the only other real difference is that it's white whereas the AT&T 925 is black.

tEhLoNeR

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Finally got my Lumia 925 from HSN. It came sealed. The sim card and the box had the same serial so OP should check if they match. Battery on mine was dead as well. Can't wait to set up this phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss