Lumia 925 purchased from HSN...

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm used to switching the SIM. I alter back and forth from my 925 and 521. It was a bit tricky at first, but I know never to force anything. A smaller paper clip works well for opening the SIM tray .... if I don't have the OEM key with me. :smile:

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a 925 for my dad from HSN and it came sealed and the phone looked brand new, it even had the factory screen protector that tells you where things are and was in the hard plastic from the factory as well. It was up to date with updates. The only thing I found odd was that there was a sticker with the phone's IMEI number on the back of the phone and inside the phone box which was sealed was a sheet of about 5 stickers that had a barcode and the phone's IMEI.

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
4 days!!! You are a lucky sole. I am still waiting. My tracking shows it is sitting in Illinois for the last several days........geez!! Even stuff I have ordered from over seas came faster. I am not a fan of HSN. This is my first and last purchase from them.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
4 days!!! You are a lucky sole. I am still waiting. My tracking shows it is sitting in Illinois for the last several days........geez!! Even stuff I have ordered from over seas came faster. I am not a fan of HSN. This is my first and last purchase from them.

Time to start hammering on HSN's door.
I wouldn't put up with that.
May be best to ask for some immediate resolution.
They just may overnite one to you.

HSN has a lot of customers so I'm pretty sure they will be happy to make you happy.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered me a 925 at about 130 this morning. I couldn't sleep so I said what the hell, I jumped on the computer and ordered a 925..lol. I got mine on flexplay if that matters. How long did it take for your 925's get out of the "processing" stage?

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Well it finally came tonight. The box looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. Big box with no packing material and the Nokia box able to rattle around. All the corners were rounded out and obviously had a heavy object on it since the sides were compressed too. The Nokia box had a broken seal and manufactured July 2013. The phone does look new and seems to be working as it should. I have one issue of the phone not keeping the WiFi password. Does anyone have input on how to fix the password issue?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well it finally came tonight. The box looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. Big box with no packing material and the Nokia box able to rattle around. All the corners were rounded out and obviously had a heavy object on it since the sides were compressed too. The Nokia box had a broken seal and manufactured July 2013. The phone does look new and seems to be working as it should. I have one issue of the phone not keeping the WiFi password. Does anyone have input on how to fix the password issue?

Well finally!
Not sure about the password for wifi not sticking.
Is the router kicking the the device because the router needs a reset?

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Didn't think of resetting the router. I will have to try that. Overall, the Windows OS is a fantastic user experience. So simple to set up and navigate. I did not find a local news app in the store, it was so easy to link the mobile web page to my start screen! My wife will be getting a 521 next week! Bye bye Android, Windows is perfect for my needs!

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't think of resetting the router. I will have to try that. Overall, the Windows OS is a fantastic user experience. So simple to set up and navigate. I did not find a local news app in the store, it was so easy to link the mobile web page to my start screen! My wife will be getting a 521 next week! Bye bye Android, Windows is perfect for my needs!

How long did it take to receive yours?

Mine just went into the packaging stage overnight

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I must be an exception. Mine said processing for a week, packaging for almost another week, then 6 days for UPS took to deliver. It was a total of 20 days. Don't let my experience discourage you. Some have received their orders in a matter of days. The phone is awesome!

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I must be an exception. Mine said processing for a week, packaging for almost another week, then 6 days for UPS took to deliver. It was a total of 20 days. Don't let my experience discourage you. Some have received their orders in a matter of days. The phone is awesome!

I hope mine does take that long. I been having to use my work phone which is a S3 and I'm about to throw it out the window..lol. I'm hoping I at least have it by Monday or Tuesday. It says it should be delivered by May 4, which is a Sunday. So hopefully it comes before that date.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

After you enter the password, use your phone for a bit with WiFi. My dad's Tmobile 925 and my AT&T 925 both had this problem. Using them for a while with WiFi on without letting the phone screen time out or anything seemed to make it remember the password.

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Worked like a charm! I reset my router then allowed my phone to download about a gig of maps, apps, etc...after a couple of hours I powered off the phone and back on and it remembered my password! Thanks for the help.

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I received my L925 within 6 days, sealed box. Everything set up fast and easy, and loaded 8.1! Would love to buy another for my gf but she's on the s5 now

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine shipped yesterday. I was supposed to get it Thursday. But I logged into my UPs account and paid the extra $3.50 to have the device delivered ups ground instead of the UPS Surepost :) so I'll get it Wednesday morning.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine shipped yesterday. I was supposed to get it Thursday. But I logged into my UPs account and paid the extra $3.50 to have the device delivered ups ground instead of the UPS Surepost :) so I'll get it Wednesday morning.

Yay!
Take a few pics with the phone when it's up and running.
Oh before accepting updates I'd be curious to see if yours arrives with Amber or Black on it.
Mine got to me with Amber took a while to update before I could get into it.

Are you going to do a phone reset before using?
I just soft reset mine on first use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos