Lumia 925 purchased from HSN...

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Cool...yeah I'll take a few pics. I don't think I'll factory reset or anything like that. I'll install all the updates including 8.1 and go from there.

With Android, I usually factory reset after every update. But with Windows and iOS, I never had to do that.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

The Adventurer

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in. I also ordered a 925 from HSN about 2 weeks ago. It came in the same packaging everyone else is describing with 925 box rattling around inside, but nothing was damaged. It was delivered by FedEx and took 10 days. Mine was one of the newer phones, I have a feeling the older phones went first... I was an 810 user and had my reservations about this phone because of it's lack of expandable storage or removable battery but I must say, I am glad I made the jump up to the 900 series. The screen is great and the low light pictures made it worth it for me. So far memory has not been a problem. Also it blew my mind to see the WiFi Calling working out of the box. This is something the 810 never got. If you are on the fence and thinking about it like I was, I would say for the price it is a no brainer. I just did the wireless charging mod and so far I could not be happier.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in. I also ordered a 925 from HSN about 2 weeks ago. It came in the same packaging everyone else is describing with 925 box rattling around inside, but nothing was damaged. It was delivered by FedEx and took 10 days. Mine was one of the newer phones, I have a feeling the older phones went first... I was an 810 user and had my reservations about this phone because of it's lack of expandable storage or removable battery but I must say, I am glad I made the jump up to the 900 series. The screen is great and the low light pictures made it worth it for me. So far memory has not been a problem. Also it blew my mind to see the WiFi Calling working out of the box. This is something the 810 never got. If you are on the fence and thinking about it like I was, I would say for the price it is a no brainer. I just did the wireless charging mod and so far I could not be happier.

That's Great ! I can't wait to get mine. I been using a Moto G in the meantime. Which I took from my son because his grades was bad..lol. Im gonna have to look up that wireless charging mod to see if that's something I'm capable of pulling off. If not, I'll just buy a charging shell/case.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my on HSN yesterday. The current phone I have (521) is really slow. The 925 will beat it with LTE, Double the ram, 1500Mhz SnapDragon vs 521 1000Mhz ( think that's correct), 4.5inch Screen which I think the 521 is only 4.0 screen. 16gigs of memory. The only downside is that the 521 has expandable memory of up to 64 gigs. I only use 9 gigs for my audio, so im good. I just load up on lectures and books on tapes, since all my music is from the cloud. Cant wait! Already bought an incipio case for it.

QUESTION: Can I get Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview on a second phone? My 521 already has it.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my on HSN yesterday. The current phone I have (521) is really slow. The 925 will beat it with LTE, Double the ram, 1500Mhz SnapDragon vs 521 1000Mhz ( think that's correct), 4.5inch Screen which I think the 521 is only 4.0 screen. 16gigs of memory. The only downside is that the 521 has expandable memory of up to 64 gigs. I only use 9 gigs for my audio, so im good. I just load up on lectures and books on tapes, since all my music is from the cloud. Cant wait! Already bought an incipio case for it.

QUESTION: Can I get Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview on a second phone? My 521 already has it.

Can't say for 100% certainty, but I think you probably can. I would use a QR code reader app to scan it to the phone from the article on the main WPCentral page. Then again, you can probably install it directly from the app's page on the Windows Phone Store if you've already got your SD card in the new 925. Let us know if it worked. :smile:

The Adventurer

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am fairly certain you can. I have it running on an 810 and of course a 925.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I picked my 925 up from UPS this morning. The phone wasn't packaged that securely, in my opinion. There wasnt any bubble wrap or anything like that inside the box. Not only that but a big strip / portion of the tape that was used to close the box, basically wasn't attached on one side of the box. Otherwise, the phone itself appeared to be brand new. The box was sealed. It was dead when I first opened it, so I charged as I drove to work. once I got to work, I was hit with several updates...at least 4...maybe even 5. I'm now factory resetting it, then I'm gonna put 8.1 on it. But so far so good :)

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I just received my phone. In a big box where it must have bounced around. No problem though. Nokia did a good job packaging it. It had no battery life. I can't believe how light it is. The backside is secure. I don't like the space between the screen and the aluminum casing. I do a lot of construction work and so I can already imagine the dust that will get in there. So there is that complaint, the only 16gig complaint (With no expandable storage), and the white back plate. I wish I could have gotten a black one. But this is a huge upgrade from my 521.All together I am satisfied.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received my phone. In a big box where it must have bounced around. No problem though. Nokia did a good job packaging it. It had no battery life. I can't believe how light it is. The backside is secure. I don't like the space between the screen and the aluminum casing. I do a lot of construction work and so I can already imagine the dust that will get in there. So there is that complaint, the only 16gig complaint (With no expandable storage), and the white back plate. I wish I could have gotten a black one. But this is a huge upgrade from my 521.All together I am satisfied.

I would suggest you get a good case that covers the sides thoroughly due to the part of your post that I bolded above. My friend has the Incipio dual pro case on her 925 and that one would be perfect for protecting yours from dust, scratches and much more.

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
ordered mine from HSN on Monday, had $50 GC to use so that helped. still in processing - can't wait to get it! coming from a 521, i'm excited about the bigger and better screen, better camera with flash, backlit capacitive buttons.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
ordered mine from HSN on Monday, had $50 GC to use so that helped. still in processing - can't wait to get it! coming from a 521, i'm excited about the bigger and better screen, better camera with flash, backlit capacitive buttons.
I just upgraded from the 521 also. The music experience has gotten faster and more responsive. There is still lag, but it's tolerable. The Podcast is also faster but not by a lot. Microsoft really needs to work on making snappier programs. Over all, Im happy with it. Have fun updating your phone, lol. Patient, you must be.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up...I don't know if this will work for everyone. But I called T_mobile yesterday requesting the unlock codes for my sister's and my 925's that we both got from HSN. I complained that the devices weren't attached to a contract and was purchased full price from HSN. Therefore, we sould be given the unlock code to our devices. The Rep told me I had to contact HSN for the unlock code and I told them...that's bologna. There was no way HSN would have the unlock code. Nevertheless, after a deep converstation with the rep, she offered to submit the request but was not positive that I would receive the unlock code. She said that a unlock code for my imei was not in their system. So nevertheless she submitted the request and gave me my confirmation number.

Well today I get a email from T-Mobile that I wasn't going to check because I thought the unlock request got denied. Well to my amaze, the email provied me the steps to unlock the devices along with the unlock codes for both devices.

So I'll be using this beauty on Aio now :)

So give it a try. Like I said before, Im not sure it will work for everyone. But complain that the device was purchased from HSN and not on contract ..Good Luck

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from the 521 also. The music experience has gotten faster and more responsive. There is still lag, but it's tolerable. The Podcast is also faster but not by a lot. Microsoft really needs to work on making snappier programs. Over all, Im happy with it. Have fun updating your phone, lol. Patient, you must be.

tracking to be here on Wednesday and it's KILLING ME. i want that bigger and brighter screen RIGHT NOW.

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
rcvd it yesterday but was tied up all day and night so only just now got to unbox it and take a look - gorgeous!

what do i need to do right off the bat?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
rcvd it yesterday but was tied up all day and night so only just now got to unbox it and take a look - gorgeous!

what do i need to do right off the bat?
Get a full charge to start. Can do other things during.

If you don't have a T-Mobile smart phone account, you need to set that up. If you don't have a Microsoft account you want to use for this phone you need to set that up. Do NOT set up the phone and check that you will set up the MS account later. You will regret that and have to start all over once you do have one.

And please post the manufacturing date of your phone and it's first depot in tracking. HSN and Newegg were having these shipped from Simply Wireless and would like to know if they are still coming from there. Also the first phones were made in July 2013 and recent ones were Feb 2014. If this is a plan to get rid of old stock, your manufacturing date could give a clue when the supply will dry up.

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Get a full charge to start. Can do other things during.

If you don't have a T-Mobile smart phone account, you need to set that up. If you don't have a Microsoft account you want to use for this phone you need to set that up. Do NOT set up the phone and check that you will set up the MS account later. You will regret that and have to start all over once you do have one.

And please post the manufacturing date of your phone and it's first depot in tracking. HSN and Newegg were having these shipped from Simply Wireless and would like to know if they are still coming from there. Also the first phones were made in July 2013 and recent ones were Feb 2014. If this is a plan to get rid of old stock, your manufacturing date could give a clue when the supply will dry up.

charging as we type.

i do have a tmobile smart phone account - moving from a 521. and i do have a MS account as well so i'm good on those fronts. i'm gonna let it charge up 100% and then insert SIM and set up the phone.

is the manufacturing date on the outside label on the box along with the IMEI/UPC/etc? if so, it's from Feb 2014.

how do i get the first depot in tracking? first location i see on the tracking page is Baltimore.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
charging as we type.

i do have a tmobile smart phone account - moving from a 521. and i do have a MS account as well so i'm good on those fronts. i'm gonna let it charge up 100% and then insert SIM and set up the phone.

is the manufacturing date on the outside label on the box along with the IMEI/UPC/etc? if so, it's from Feb 2014.

how do i get the first depot in tracking? first location i see on the tracking page is Baltimore.
Yep, that's the date I was looking for. And Baltimore is the first depot for phones coming from Simply Wireless.

Hard to tell from limited sporadic data but it seemed like the dates were constantly July 2013 for a long time and then jumped to Feb 2014. That does not fit with a scenario of Simply Wireless having a single cache of old stock to get rid of. Maybe Simply Wireless is a middleman for Nokia to move the bulk of remaining 925s before new models make them less attractive. But that doesn't explain the sudden jump from July 2013 to Feb 2014 unless a factory builds a large number of a particular model and then switches to another model until more of older models are needed. Hmmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster