between black and white, which colour Nokia Lumia 1520 would you prefer & why? durable one?

ketan2604

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am about to buy Nokia Lumia 1520 in 2nd week of April. The only thing to decide is the colour. I dont like yellow phones & red is glossy (prone to fingerprints).
I have had black phones only uptill now but the white looks awesome. However i feel it would be prone to dirt n discolouration (off-white in months). Normally I use phone for long period of time say 3-4 years.
Please advice as to which colour looks, feels n stays new longer? My hearts says white but my mind says black.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am about to buy Nokia Lumia 1520 in 2nd week of April. The only thing to decide is the colour. I dont like yellow phones & red is glossy (prone to fingerprints).
I have had black phones only uptill now but the white looks awesome. However i feel it would be prone to dirt n discolouration (off-white in months). Normally I use phone for long period of time say 3-4 years.
Please advice as to which colour looks, feels n stays new longer? My hearts says white but my mind says black.

If you're not going to put a case on it, then "stays new longer" is meaningless. If you are going to put a case on it, then your question is meaningless.

Check out the very inexpensive AMZER TPU Jelly case for a super-slim case that gives your 1520 a better grip and 100% protection for daily dings and scratches.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have black 1520 and I think it is the best colour for two reasons, it will of course be the easiest to keep new looking, but also if you are going to be putting a case on it then the black will not show up as much around the cut outs of the case. If you look at cases on eBay, especially the ones that use a coloured 1520 you will see what I mean.

For what its worth with the red one if you polish the phone with a good car polish and then apply a good sealant you will not get as many finger prints on it. I did it with my red 2520 and the difference was amazing.

From what I have read on here the white doesn't suffer from stains but then it would depend on what you were doing, like I wouldn't recommend a mechanic have a white one.

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I had Black Lumia 900, it will show scratches after a while, even though material inside is also black, you can still see the scratches. Bought White Matt 1520, couldn't be happier. I don't think you can see any scratches on this even after a year. The reason I didn't by L900 white was, it only comes in glossy white and not Matt white. Glad that's not the case with 1520.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Go for white and buy black protective cover and you will not regret it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

sandeeppathak007

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought a black one but later saw a white 1520 thankfully i was within 7 days n exchanged it for white and then applied a full body screen protecter love it...

Sent from my RM-937_im_india_235 using Tapatalk

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
i wanted to buy yellow.. but the color is too shiny that u can't not to look at the phone..
so i bought white and a yellow case.. perfect match
if you buy a case, it's doesn't matter which color of 1520 u buy..

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok,,,here's my experience. It took me a long time deciding whether I should get white or yellow (black is the first one out because I prefer a phone that really stands out, red is a no no because it has got glossy finish.)..and I got a yellow one because I thought white might pick up dirty and smudges quite easily. But in the end, I don't think it makes any difference because my lumia always has got a case on which almost completely hides the phone's true colour

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Simply put, black is the most common color in the world of phones. I am bored of common. My white L900 is still as bright and clean as when I got it, it stands out more, matches every theme and case I may want to throw on it, and is easier to find in the dark.

Neener-neener, black. Take that.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Always black if that's the options. White is tacky and cheap looking. There's a reason more phones are black, and that's because black has class and goes with anything. I'm not sure about the white on the 1520 if its soft touch or not, but on the 920 the white was a cheap hard cover, whereas the black was a nice matte soft touch. I went with the black 920 and black 1520. But I have got green and yellow cases for when the mood takes me :D

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, even if red's prone to fingerprints, you'll barely notice them when looking from a distance. (I know that since I have the red one!)

Btw, I've read before that the black 1020 is more prone to scratches than the other variants. I dunno if that's the case with the 1520 too.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I always prefer black. As 1520 is huge one, black will not looks big. White makes it bigger, but looks cool. Just go to shop and look what is better for your eyes :)

beniffa

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I really like my red 1520. The glossy finish looks great. Using the Nokia flip cover. Between black and white, i would go for white me thinks.

eskerrik

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I might go with White because it matches well with all the themes and now we'll have startscreen background with parallax effect so definitely Whhite xD

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Is white glossy? I have a white 928, and except for like 2 months, I've had it caseless. It looks just fine. THere's no discoloration and scratches don't show up well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire