Video Recordings Stutter/Freeze etc

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? After I record a 1080p video and play it back on my PC, I notice some lag/stuttering. It's the video itself that is the problem (not the playback device). I have also noticed some the OS in general being a bit laggy at times.

I do run my phone quite low on storage - usually around 500mb to 1gb free. Maybe I will try freeing up some space to see if that helps. Only other thing I can think of to try are hard reset (don't really want to lose savegame data in games) or sending to Nokia for repair :(

Any other ideas?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset?
Does capturing at lower settings fix the stutter? Such as lowering the framerate or resolution? (I usually do 720p at 30 fps)

thiagomgd

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here.
Lowering the setting lowered the stuttering, but not solved it. Recording at 720p and 25 fps still makes a little stutter at 5+ min of video. And I use the lumia to record my big band gigs, so... every music have 5~10 mins. =/

Mario_Cardoso

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You record to the internal memory or to the SD card?
What app do you use to record?

I have the same problem on my Lumia 820 but only if I use the Nokia Camera. If I use the stock Camera app instead, the videos are fine, even in 1080p!

thiagomgd

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The default setting, I think internal memory, because I didn't bought a SD card :)
Hum... I'll try today to record with the windows/default app. The one's I recorded were with the Nokia Camera, but I have a stutter one that my father recorded, and I'm not sure what app he used.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having this problem. Tried freeing up lots of space on the phone and also tried soft reset. Haven't tried 720p yet - will give that a go. I am using the standard (not Nokia) camera app.

Edit - Tried 720p and still the same issue. Also tried the Nokia camera app and still the same issue. I am wondering now if this is a hardware issue - or if maybe I need to do a full hard reset (which will be painful as I don't want to lose my data :( ).

Any other ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I used the Nokia Software Recovery tool to reload the OS software fresh (as advised by Nokia). Seems to have fixed it - took 3 videos yesterday and no stutters. Going to test it out some more, but so far so good :)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, the problem re-occured. Took it to Nokia Care Store who had it for a few days and then claimed to have fixed it, but still the same issue. Looks like it will need to go back again - more time without my phone :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium