Lumia Quality Starting to disappoint

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Windows Phone user since day 1 and mostly a Lumia user with a few exceptions here and there. Let me just say that I love Lumia phones and Nokia's backing of WP in general, but I'm beginning to get a little disappointed in the quality of their handsets. My last phone was a Lumia 925 which had bad burn-in issues with the display, battery issues and constant rebooting. I did send the device to Nokia Care and it came back with the same issues and with more scratches on the display than before.

I decided to upgrade to the Lumia 1520 and love the device, but I've recently noticed what originally looked like a light leak on the bottom of the display hovering above the capacitive Windows buttons. It appears only to be visible when viewing a lighter background, such as the while action bar on the official Twitter app or a light blue background on the Bing Weather app. I think it's there on dark backgrounds too, but it's very faint on the standard black background. I've come to the conclusion that this isn't a light leak, but an issue with the display itself. I'd send it to Nokia Care, but I don't want to be without a phone for another 2 1/2 weeks and I'm pretty sure they won't do anything as it seems they tend to just flash the phone and send it right back and say "All done." I should also add that this 1520 has the random rebooting issue that my L925 did.

It's a shame, but I am considering moving away from Nokia if another maker ever decides to make a decent phone.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You'll get burn in on OLED displays if you're not careful with them. That's a well known and established fact and has been since OLED came out on the market. It's why I never leave the screen on with any of my devices that use OLED tech. (Mentioning that about the 925 since you brought it up)

With the 1520 issues you're seeing it sounds like something weird is going on.

Just curious with the reboot issues...do you happen to have a MicroSD card in the device? The 1520 can be picky with them and I have seen reports of lower quality MicroSD cards and older ones as well causing random reboot issues on the 1520.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 here- none if the issues you mentioned

I have 2 925's and I have never had a problem with them. My wife has a 1020 and the only problem is the battery life could be better. I have a 1520 now and the only problem with that has been the touch problem but I have only had that a handful of times, touch wood (pun intended)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That sucks dude. Pretty sure that's just bad luck though. I've owned an 800, 900, and 920 and never had a problem. *knocks on wood*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss