Wireless charging

george_520

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I've heard that the 1520 has wireless charging, and how does it work? Do I have a stand thing or is it like a surface I place the phone on?

Will I have wireless charging if I buy my phone from O2 in the UK?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The only 1520 variant that does not have wireless charging built in is the ATT version. Any other version has Qi charging built in. Just go to any store (Amazon, WP Central store, etc) and look for any Qi chargers. They come in all different types (pads, stands, car mounts). Just pick the one that works best for you.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've heard that the 1520 has wireless charging, and how does it work? Do I have a stand thing or is it like a surface I place the phone on?

Will I have wireless charging if I buy my phone from O2 in the UK?

Thanks for the help!

Yes your UK 1520 will have wireless charging and you will need to get a charging pad like the one in the photo below.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 101

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Qi chargers are pads or the sort plugged into a wall outlet. All you have to do is set your Qi-enabled device like every 1520 except the US one on the pad and watch the magic happen.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah right. Does this take longer than traditional charging?

It certainly does have a slower charging rate than traditional charging. And you'll also find that your phone gets warmer during wireless than during traditional. But the convenience is wonderful! It also can go a long way in saving your micro usb port from wear and tear over time.

Here's some good information on wireless charging if you're interested in digging deeper. What is Wireless Battery Charging | Inductive Technology | Tutorial

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It certainly does have a slower charging rate than traditional charging. And you'll also find that your phone gets warmer during wireless than during traditional. But the convenience is wonderful! It also can go a long way in saving your micro usb port from wear and tear over time.

Here's some good information on wireless charging if you're interested in digging deeper. What is Wireless Battery Charging | Inductive Technology | Tutorial

It shouldn't get any warmer than normal wired charging. Mine is no different, barely gets any heat in it. My 925's are the same and they both have the wireless charging coil mod.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Its not always slower than the wall charger, depends on the chargers you are comparing. And in my experience (and the past 2 years I've been using Qi devices) it does not make it any hotter while charging.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My Icon is warm when charging wirelessly and super cool when plugged in. I use the DT910 and the DT900 and both charge considerably slower than when plugged in with the Nokia charger that came with the phone.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It charges slightly slower. My battery app says it's about 30% per hour on QI as opposed to about 40% using a high-amp usb charger (if I remember correctly). But it's not an issue for me since I usually charge overnight. What bothers me about wireless charging is that you have to have perfect alignment between phone and charging pad, otherwise it won't charge or the charging tone keeps going off.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It charges slightly slower. My battery app says it's about 30% per hour on QI as opposed to about 40% using a high-amp usb charger (if I remember correctly). But it's not an issue for me since I usually charge overnight. What bothers me about wireless charging is that you have to have perfect alignment between phone and charging pad, otherwise it won't charge or the charging tone keeps going off.

Which Qi charger? Cause my Nokia charger just needs to be underneath of my icon with a pretty thick case, no specific alignment

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the basic Nokia wireless charger. When I am in a place with not-so-great service, my phones get considerably hotter than when I use a wire. However, if I'm on WiFi or have great LTE service, I have no problems. I've tried this with my 8X, my roommate's 920, and my parents' 928 and Icon.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That doesn't sound right, my charger is under my table so it is charging the phone through about 3mm of wood and as long as I put it somewhere over the part that has the charger it charges fine.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Will, I'll do some experimenting. I only have a very thin case between phone and charger. It charger fine as long as I set it down perfectly. Is here a chance it's getting interference with other chargers? I have a charging tables home with whole lot of other devices charging

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Will, I'll do some experimenting. I only have a very thin case between phone and charger. It charger fine as long as I set it down perfectly. Is here a chance it's getting interference with other chargers? I have a charging tables home with whole lot of other devices charging

What is the case made of? What is it like without the case?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs