Broken glass

Gleb Zubkov

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So, as you may understand from the title, I've broke the glass. Everything else (touch sensor, lcd screen) works just fine. Is it actually possible to change glass only or should all screen module, consisting of lcd screen, touch screen and glass, be changed?

Gleb Zubkov

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this link. Have you faced this problem yourself? I just don't understand how is it possible to change glass only (it means that the broken one should be divided from digitizer and the new one should be somehow connected to it, it sounds unrealistic), but I can't find any digitizers and glasses for sale. So it probably means that I have to buy whole screen module

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done it on any Nokias, but I did change the digitizer on my step-daughter's old Sprint Arrive (HTC 7 Pro). It wasn't all that hard, but I'm a technically inclined guy, was an industrial electronics student in high school (a long time ago). So I'm not afraid to open stuff up. I've completely disassembled laptops and got them back together. The digitizer is just one of the layers of glass in the phone. The display is under it, which is why it is possible to break the digitizer and the image works fine.

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Also be careful when separating the shattered digitizer from the LCD. Don't get any shards of glass to scratch the LCD and ensure you pull the screen slowly and use heat if possible. LCDs are very delicate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs