Screen shattered any guides on replacing

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Is it reportedly extremely difficult to separate the screen from the digitizer and highly likely that you will mess up the digitizer in the process. You are probably much better off getting the whole assembly. Were you still under warranty or have insurance?

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Im still under warranty but I dont think that covers the screen. And I couldn't get insurance due to my sister breaking her phone 3x last year lol

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It takes time, but the digitizer can be replaced if you are careful enough. I don't think it's any different from Lumia 1020 and others in assembly, so you might wanna watch a 1020 screen replacement videos. Then you can glue everything back together with a mobile glue tape.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My 520 digitizer is broken.
Can it be replaced or do I have to change the whole assembly?
The 520 is an easier repair. You can replace the glass only, you can get a replacement for about $10.
you will need a heat gun and watch a few videos on the procedure if you are going to attempt yourself. Of course with new phones at $60 you will have to determine if your labor is worth the $45 or so you might save with a DIY repair.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The digitizer only? It looks like the lcd is glued to it. Any way to do it? The cost difference is huge! 60$ vs 280$. Thanks !
Yeah the reparation quality will also be huge, spend that money but don't buy the replacement on the internet you can always end up with a ****ty screen, regardless of price

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Guess I may try to get the digitzer and replace it myself - anyone got a link to a good 1020 replacement guide? Ill just look up on youtube

Klemen Nemivsek

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Guess I may try to get the digitzer and replace it myself - anyone got a link to a good 1020 replacement guide? Ill just look up on youtube

Eddie , if u will successfully replace digitizer on your 1520 i will be glad if you can post here some tips and screen shoots of your replacement. Because i will also replace it by myself.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried to replace my digitizer and broke the LCD, sent it to palco and they put a new screen in for $195. I dropped the thing again and broke the digitizer again, I still have a new digitizer to put on if anybody here is succesfull, tips would help. The LCD and the digizer are bonded and the LCD is very fragile but they do come apart.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There's replacement parts you can order. I'll have to find the site where I got the earpiece for my 900. I have to replace my digitizer too only cause I tore the ribbon cable in the process. Its parts4repair.com

Klemen Nemivsek

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No i failed :D I think that is impossible , because one part on digitizer is glued with diffrent glue and on this part it wasnt possible to seperate digitizer. Then i bought a digitizer+lcd screen and i replace it successfully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster