glance screen

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Will the Lumia 930 have glance screen? When comparing 930 with 920 on developer.Nokia.com it doesn't show glance screen

Should be noted, while nearly ALL the older X2Y series phones have it listed in their specs. The 930 doesn't (as you mentioned) but neither does the 630 or 635. Same with the 1320 and 525! The only recent phone that does list it, is the 1520.

​I have never heard...does the 1320 and 525 include glance or not?

Darryl Ponting

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It isn't listed on the full specification page on the Nokia website. Whereas it's listed for models like the 1520, 920 etc. I would suggest that it isn't supported, crazy.

banthafodder

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Should be noted, while nearly ALL the older X2Y series phones have it listed in their specs. The 930 doesn't (as you mentioned) but neither does the 630 or 635. Same with the 1320 and 525! The only recent phone that does list it, is the 1520.

​I have never heard...does the 1320 and 525 include glance or not?

This is exactly how it was with the Icon as well, which does not support Glance.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully ATT works there special magic and gets a better variant or something with glance screen AND microSD card support because that is a deal breaker in this day and age!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So I guess they can't get glance to work properly on 1080p OLED screens.

there is literally no other reason why they wouldn't have it in this or the Icon. Hopefully it will be brought in an update.

Disappointed but still going to buy the 930

ps there is "screen double tap" in the full specs on the nokia website - Nokia Lumia 930 Specifications - Nokia

The 928 has an AMOLED screen and that thing supports glance....I dunno how much different OLED is to that though.....All the others that have glance screen are LCD type.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The 928 has an AMOLED screen and that thing supports glance....I dunno how much different OLED is to that though.....All the others that have glance screen are LCD type.

The 1020, 925, 928 all have AMOLED screens and Glance (AMOLED *is* OLED, and they aren't throwing passive matrix OLED's in these phones either, so when they say OLED they mean AMOLED as well).

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So...no double tap either?

Double-tap is in no way connected to the Glance Screen. It should bring double-tap to wake along with the rest of the current improvements. Only the Glance screen is missing for some reason (I honestly don't use it at all so I haven't bothered to look too much into possible reasons for that).

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Double-tap is in no way connected to the Glance Screen. It should bring double-tap to wake along with the rest of the current improvements. Only the Glance screen is missing for some reason (I honestly don't use it at all so I haven't bothered to look too much into possible reasons for that).

I'd have a very hard time doing without glance screen now that I've gotten used to it.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
NOKIA, when u give something, u have to keep what u gave and IMPROVE IT and add new features!
not Omitt features we already had!!!and what about double tap to wake up AND TURN OFF THE screen

Im sorry but this is .F....... UP!

As for Microsoft! 4 quick settings? after all this waiting?!
couldnt u make them 5 or a scrollable 8!!!
and why is BRIGHTNESS not included or maybe a Slider for brightness!!!!
i am really disappointed after waiting all this time. of course this is better than nothing! but still ! give us some REAL LOVE!

what about being able to hide or lock videos as well as pictures?!

WHAT ABOUT INCLUDING A MICROPHONE INTO KEYBOARD SO I CAN SPEAK INSTEAD OF TYPING!
Guys just check ANDROID and give us some better imporved stuff!

when i get wp 8.1 on my Lumia 920, im keeping it and i dont see a real reason to move to 930 and pay a big difference!

remmo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
The absence of Glance for the L930 is a deal-breaker for me, mainly because Glance is the only way to see persistent notifications beyond the lock screen. If the L930 is never getting Glance support, then I will skip it and wait for something else.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site

You should try it, it's the best thing to happen to smartphones since dumbphones.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It should be noted that the Icon currently has neither glance or double-tap. I actually do think that they are connected. It's encouraging to see double-tap listed on the 930's specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05