Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

Onesto98

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
planned to look it then buy it at summer, i think its big, but in comparison by l920, 930 is more reasonable choice in this size!
thank god i wait 2 month and dont go for 925, however it is still damn cooooool!
today i went and bought new battery for my current htc to use it until july/agust ...

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious. If you have a 1520, why would you get the upcoming 930? The 1520 has a very good processor, is still relatively new and has the same imaging as the 930. In my case, I have the 520, so there are a lot of extras I would get if I did decide to get the 930. But what do you gain going from the 1520 to the 930? And in your case you get a smaller screen and much smaller battery.

-Good screen size (6 inches is way too big)
-Qi wireless charging (built-in, no stupid back casing, so you can have a protective skin case with out the hassle of switching cases to charge wirelessly)
-16 extra GB of internal storage (32GB Total, this means more music, photos and apps. MicroSD cards only lets you have music and pictures, you can't save apps on memory cards ONLY on internal memory)

cdrw1024

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 520 got smashed two weeks ago so I was glad when the Lumia 930 was announced.
The 1520 is just to big for me so the 930 is a great choice.
However, I don't think that I can wait two-three months to get a new phone.:unhappy:
I've started looking at the Nexus 5/HTC One M8 and probably will have to abandon the WP ship for one of these (not really wanting to).
Sorry Nokia/Micorosoft, great device if I could have it now :unhappy:

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't ?599 the price without taxes?

I recall that via build2014 a price of 579 USD was given and everyone was sure that THAT was without taxes.

But the german 599 ? is definitly including all taxes.

I had a little talk with the official german cyberport twitter account. They told me the price (599?) and even more important the delivery date (15.05.2014) was given by their supplier. Of course noone knows where they get there data from but its pretty solid I'd say.

If you know german, here is the original conversation (deathmetalmods is me).

https://twitter.com/DeathMetalMods/status/455277973621719041

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
600 euro is fine, I think I will get 450 for my 5s so it will costs me 150 euro and if there is a wireless charger in the box then the price is perfect :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I need to get new phone as my lumia 920 is broken.

Lumia 1520 or Lumia 930?
Which one will be better and what you guys suggest.

Lumia 1520 is already available n India. Lumia 930 may come after 2-3 months.
is it worth waiting?

If anyone remember, Joe Belforie told that the old lumias may not have some specific hardware/sensor (including Lumia 920). I didn't remember the context.
But he's also not sure about Lumia 1520 has it or not but Lumia 930 supports.

So what do u say.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520 or Lumia 930?

is it worth waiting?

If anyone remember, Joe Belforie told that the old lumias may not have some specific hardware/sensor (including Lumia 920). I didn't remember the context.

So what do u say.

If the 1520 isn't too big for you, go for it. Internally they are the same. Only makes sense to wait for the 930 for those (like me) who find the 1520 too big.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520 or Lumia 930?

is it worth waiting?

So what do u say.

Personally, I'd rather the 1520. Internally it's the same, but you also get microSD and Glance with the 1520. Not to mention it looks nicer (to me) than the 930. Of course, the size is an issue for some people. I strongly recommend playing with the 1520 at a store before purchasing it. It seems many have touch screen sensitivity issues as well. Do some research on these forums and keep that in mind.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
-Good screen size (6 inches is way too big)
-Qi wireless charging (built-in, no stupid back casing, so you can have a protective skin case with out the hassle of switching cases to charge wirelessly)
-16 extra GB of internal storage (32GB Total, this means more music, photos and apps. MicroSD cards only lets you have music and pictures, you can't save apps on memory cards ONLY on internal memory)

I concur on everything else, but 8.1 brought support for apps being stored on SD card.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I decided to upgrade to the L925 from the 920 (I'd use the word upgrade loosely tho). I had waited to see what the 930 would hold, but unfortunately I'm not interested in a 5inch screen. 4.5 is already pushing it. I wish Nokia could produce a 4/4.3 inch flagship with similar specs to the 930. Because I knew that was super unlikely I plumped for the 925.

Brian8200

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought about it, but still the phone is behind, they use the 800 snapdragon. they should use the 801 or better the 805
It is not waterproof this is a big setback as the sony and samsung both are
the storage is to small (for most people 32G should be enough, but do you have a bunch of apps, capture a lot of video on it, and so on you run out fast)
the speaker is not even close to the boom sound on the htc
still no Ir blaster? again the htc and samsung has this
screen still has the big non usable black edge, the screen should be to the edge
3 gigs of ram would be nice. (like in the new galaxy)
MHL-hdmi support?
this phone is behind frome the start. Dont get me wrong I love my lumia 920 but, but it seems like the other products allways have more to offer. my girlfriend bought the htc one when I bought my lumia 920, and must say the mike, ear piece and speakers on my nokia, are simply not even close to the htc quality. :(

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Difference between the 800 and 801 is minimal you will not notice it ! , water resistent, im not planning to drop my phone into the toilet and will not use my phone in the rain anyway , 32 gig is more then enough for me.
People are sometimes complaining to complane

So bottom line i am going to sell my Iphone 5S and will buy the nokia 930 !!!! Wooooohooooo

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Im EXTREMELY tempted but there was a slew of codename devices outed recently that i'm sure won't be far behind the 930.... Not sure what to do really. The problem with Nokia is... they're forever announcing something and then making you wait MONTHS for it. Completely stupid in my opinion, the 'icon' is already in production and no doubt the 930 could be... If they're hoping to create hype then they're foolish.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The time the 930 will be available, it will be a nearly a year after the first Snapdragon 800 device launched and while I would probably cough up the 600 ? now I am not sure if that will be the case in June.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Beside no sd card slot, I am bit concerned about battery life.

I was planning to grab 925, but I think 930 is worth a wait even with several downsides.
5" is fairly big for me, but comparing the dimension against 925, it is more or less the same. Bit heavier, but nothing to worry about.

Can't wait. If there would be 64gb Vodafone edition, same as 925 is, would be great.

Gonna grab the white one. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720