Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

All I see in it is a 1520 with a smaller screen. Sensible, but not really worth the wait. Unless big screens are a serious no no. I, prolly, will get myself the 1520. I am switching to windows from Android and I hope the experience is good.

1520 with a smaller screen? But it looks absolutely nothing like it. Not even close (unfortunately).

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The 930 is not coming to the US.

From Nokia Conversations website:

"The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June ? beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America ? and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer."

Nokia Lumia 930: simply the best of Microsoft and Lumia - Nokia Conversations

I read the same thing. Seems llike a nice device, really like it, hardware, design but sadly the US will not enjoy it on its GSM carriers.

Oh well, i really like the green 635, will be a great device for my usage.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I want one if AT&T gets it. The green one is my favourite.

I'm hoping that it will be available on AT&T, especially since I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

My contract ended a few days ago with my obsolete Lumia 900. I'm waiting on AT&T and seeing if they will rape this phone like they did with the 1520, by slashing the memory in half and removing the built-in qi wireless charging. Totally disappointing... If they don't I'll do the upgrade, if it gets altered, I'll stick with my 920 and run WP8.1 when it comes out.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I went from an N8 to the 920 and really missed the SD card as I went from 48g to 32g. Yea I know 32g is a lot but I have a ton of music. The camera on the 920 is great at low light but I do miss the camera on the N8 and so I was looking forward to the 930 , but I think I will wait to see what comes down the line in a few months.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

I have a 920 now, and the 930 checks off the must haves of faster processor, higher MP camera, OLED screen, and integrated Qi charging. It's just missing the micro SD slot. My contract is up in December, so I'll hope that my dream Lumia is out by then.

We, and probably thousands others, have similar checklists. And there are multiple people on this thread that have already stated that they are disappointed in the lack of a SD Card slot. I absolutely concur. It's a shot in the foot that will just damp down demand for the phone.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

The 930 is not coming to the US.

From Nokia Conversations website:

"The Nokia Lumia 930 is priced at $599 before taxes and subsidies. It will be available from June ? beginning in Europe, Asia, India, Middle East and Latin America ? and will continue to rollout throughout the world (except the US) throughout the summer."

Nokia Lumia 930: simply the best of Microsoft and Lumia - Nokia Conversations

:angry: Bollox!!! I guess I'm stuck with my 920 and wait for WP8.1 and get a refresh. Hopefully they don't take forever to bring it out.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why no effing SD card for the 930? If the 1520 has it there should be no issues in putting one in the 930...at least then it has a slim chance of standing up to the mighty Samsung Galaxy S5!

jason davison

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I was planning on getting the 930, but i'm sure it won't be available on T-Mobile in the USA. I guess I will have to wait for the Nokia 935 to be released 6 months later just like I did getting the 925.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I would pre-order right NOW if I could. Its a shame that we have to wait until June. I dont even understand why. Production is allready running (Icon!?) and they introduced nothing new.

Still not sure what color to get. I would have preferred a blue one but will probably go with the black one. Green and white YACK ... orange maybe

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I would pre-order right NOW if I could. Its a shame that we have to wait until June. I dont even understand why. Production is allready running (Icon!?) and they introduced nothing new.

Still not sure what color to get. I would have preferred a blue one but will probably go with the black one. Green and white YACK ... orange maybe

Yes WP 8.1 will be out be Apr 8. Nokia should have released this device maximum by end of April

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

1520 with a smaller screen? But it looks absolutely nothing like it. Not even close (unfortunately).

^This. The 1520 is an excellent device both in technology and design terms.

Even if they wanted to deviate from the 1520 design and maintain the Icon look (why?) they could at least keep all the features.

A flagship without MicroSD and Glance? Pfft.

Mirainashe

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Do the people responsible for these things actually do any market research or they just arrogantly go for their personal ideas? First and foremost,the world does not start and end with the USA. It really doesn't. This was discovered a few years ago. Online storage is not something that is feasible in a great many markets. Right now,we are hearing and learning about the push for emerging markets. Well,reality check you dumbasses. 32GB internal storage is all that the 930 has to people in these markets. Internet in most markets is not as seamless as people think,so the extra and very paltry 7GB OneDrive online storage is completely useless. This is one of the reasons I was always put off the iPhone. It's amazing that Nokia used to get these simple things right back in the Symbian days and they seem to get clueless more with the WP days. A Nokia N97 had 32 GB internal storage and a micro-SD slot,yet Nokia's 2014 flagship has less offline storage capacity.

LepantoESP

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Me. Want. Orange. And I'll probably be getting a few more for my employees. It's really, perfectly, a no compromises phone IMO. Top of the line specs across the board. And it comes in orange!

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just can't bring myself to. At least not just yet. Disappointed in it, mainly the design, but other things as well. Really, the only thing I like about it is the colors. I'll either get a 1520 or wait to see what the holiday season has in store (Goldfinger, please).

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid device, and some do like the design. Just not my cup of tea.

I'm with this guy. Overall, a really good phone. But really needed removable micro SD card support to keep up with the competition I think. My biggest gripe is the still relatively smallish 2400mAh battery. I too will wait for Goldfinger, or whatever successor to the 1020 is.

LepantoESP

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 is too large for many, myself included, but again, the greatest thing, is that we get to choose. Personally, it's 930 all the way for me.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like one, but I'm not entirely sold on the design. Hate to say it, but the edges seem too Apple-like to me. Would have preferred to see rounded edges like on the 920 or 800 for example since it felt more comfortable in the hand. I'm also not personally a fan of the colour options, although seeing Stephen Elop whip out the orange ones to match his kicks looked cool. I'll reserve real judgement though until I get a chance to see it in person. I also wans't a fan of the 925 until I saw it in store.

Having said that, the feature set of the phone itself is very appealing and seems like a natural progression from the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte