Who's planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

BK1112

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Today I was there again.. wondering if I should not abandon iPhone and iOS and go back to.. well Android, since the 930 is not here yet. So I started googling and comparing, the S5, Z1 compact, Z2 and the 930. Looking at size (I prefer a smaller phone), the Z1 compact wins, but between the other three the 930 has good size. There are only three problems 1. The boredom of Android.. it is just like iOS but with lower quality and feel 2. The boredom of iOS.. my god it's boring.. nothing has changed since 2006 3. The weight of the Lumia 930. Is it really that difficult to peel off 25-30g the get it down in the 130g range? If Iphone has 112g, the S5 145, should it not be possible for the Lumia to be inbetween? It just makes me mad. :angry:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Even though the 930 is disappointing to me, getting it for free is undeniably a great deal. So basically my moms contract is soon up for renewal. The thing is she doesn't want a new phone so in theory I could just use her brand new 930 untill my own contract is done and then I'll get the goldfinger/mclaren/whatever with my own contract :)

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind buying one, but damn can't Nokia/Microsoft make a thinner phone. They seem to love the 9+ mm thick phones. If I can I'll hold out for a wp8.1 device with sub 9mm profile.

Cuteness Overload

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting the Nokia Lumia 930 to finally get out of budget smartphone-ry if it's out by my next birthday. Hopefully also buying it with a matching case and screen protector, because, well, yeah.

Viviana Biazzo

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
(Hi all! :smile:)

I'm planning to get this phone, wish it could come out soon!! :excited:

Although I am also considering the Lumia 1020, I'm more on the 930 because of higher specs. I guess camera won't be totally a disappointment compared to the 1020.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
(Hi all! :smile:)

I'm planning to get this phone, wish it could come out soon!! :excited:

Although I am also considering the Lumia 1020, I'm more on the 930 because of higher specs. I guess camera won't be totally a disappointment compared to the 1020.

You should wait for the mclaren, camera should be amazing :)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, if the 930 isn't released until the end of June, I'm cancelling the pre-order. To buy an outdated phone later than that, I rather wait for the price to drop. I'm only buying the 930 because it's Nokia's last phone for the time being anyway, so...

Meanwhile, maybe Sony does bring forth a WP device.

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was set to buy back in April, but now I am just annoyed by this launch.

We all knew it would be tough when they announced the July Launch. But now that we all have lived through a armada of better equiped androids, the snapdragon 805 is getting ready and 1440p screens are there ...
the 930 feels like a blast from the past.

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't keep checking WPC and monwindowsphone.fr twenty times a day for news. I decided to buy a new white housing for my 920 to give me something else new to focus on. My 920 looks new and sparkly now!

dibsbibs

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 930?

I'm super keen for the 930 to be released! My current phone is a 520, I love it and I'm looking forward to my first flagship :)

WP8.1 looks awesome and the specs on the 930 are mint: my only problem with it is there's no SD Card slot.

I'll be going to have a look hands on when it's released but as long as there isn't a serious reason why I can't buy it, the deal is already sealed for me :)

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
"Every aspect"...except the camera. And the flash. And the build quality. ;)

I don't think the 520 is any worth upgrade from the L800. The L820 was. But if you just want a WP8.1 device, then sure, the 520 will fit the bill more than nicely.

Well, I have had the 520 for nearly two weeks now and thinks it's a really good upgrade to my old 800. Yes the build qulity is a bit flimsy and the camera is two bits worse (including no flash) and also the screen looks a bit washed out compared to the 800. But all in all it rules over the old 800 and the simple reason is that the WP 8.0 is that much better then the old 7.8. It is a bit funny, the 800 was the original flagship and after two years it is nearly run over by the cheapest phone in Nokia's offering. That says all of the speed of development and is a good reason to not get a phone that by now is more than a half year old, at least if you have to pay flagship price for it. I payed 119$ (including all Swedish taxes that are 25% on the top) for my low budget phone and I would not pay any more than 400$ for an 930 (i.e. an half year old icon) but it will most probably sell for 750-800$.

So all in all the 520 is the best phone buy I have ever done and it will keep me happy until the MacLearen release (and I hope that phone will have an memory expansion slot).

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Strange what is a deal breaker for one person and not for another. I tried glance on my 920 and 1020 and thought 'meh' and disabled it. For me all it saves is one button press to get to the lock screen. Found it pretty pointless, and annoying at night, even with night mode enabled.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Once you get used to it it's hard do be without it. I have Samsung Galaxy S5 on test and many times I have done things like:
Lets check the clock, oh yeah it's not my Nokia, I have to unlock it. And what I did ? I try ed duble tap to wake, and again nothing happened :D .

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I never enabled Glance on my 920 cos I felt it would be a bad idea cos of the screen tech (on an amoled screen it would be different) and thus to battery life. So the lack of it doesnt bother me at all really. Sure it would've been nice now that the screen is amoled, but I never got used to it on WP, although I did miss it for a long time after upgrading for the 920.

At least double tap to wake is still there, that's something I'd really miss not having.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Strange what is a deal breaker for one person and not for another. I tried glance on my 920 and 1020 and thought 'meh' and disabled it. For me all it saves is one button press to get to the lock screen. Found it pretty pointless, and annoying at night, even with night mode enabled.

Exactly the same experience for me. Except I use the double-tap to wake. If all I need to see the lock-screen is a quick double-tap on the screen, I have no use for a Glance screen, really. The same movement I need to hover my hand over the screen can be used to double-tap.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
All of you guys claiming that the 930 will be old tech when it's released have no clue. My better half just got the icon last week and I'm jealous as hell. I have the s5 right now and when you compare the two side by side the icon holds its own easily. The phone is blazing fast and IMO the snapdragon in there is already overkill. The screen is beautiful and vibrant as well. The ONLY thing my s5 has over the icon is the IR blaster, which is a godsend when your in my situation with twin 2yr olds hiding the remotes all the time. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs