Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 630?

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here! I'v registered myself just to Know something more about this new device but, reading you, I dont think is more a good idea actually.
I'm looking for a dual sim smartphone: I'm using my Lumia 520 for type this post and I like it very much. I'v just bought it because my Samsung S3 found a terribile system bug and I needed a smartphone in the meantime so I'v decided to try WP.
Now that I need a dual sim device I want to stay in WP (much better than Android or IOS for my personal use)... Is really 630 this bad? I don't care about flash light, I just need a fast device with a good display both in colors and sensitivity. Can this be my chose?

Sorry for my english, regards!

If you had owned L520 then it would be okay (most of us are ranting because the model number is 630 which should have been successor to L620 but it is a watered down version)
besides your top priority seem to be Dual Sim... Go for it... but after a year or so the limitation of 512mb ram maybe felt with new apps coming in with 1gb ram requirements especially games.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Noup... 630 comes with no camera button, no flash, no frontal camera, no NFC, no capacitive buttons(which means less screen), no super sensitive screen, only 512 of ram... and maybe no ambient light and proximity sensor...

lol it does not mean less screen!!! they made the screen 54 pixels taller so it is 854 pixels instead of 800 and you can hide the buttons whenever you want to so actually you get even more screen!!!

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you had owned L520 then it would be okay (most of us are ranting because the model number is 630 which should have been successor to L620 but it is a watered down version)

I think they called it the 630 because they are planning to drop the 5XX range because lets face it the 5xx and 6xx ranges were so similar it's not worth having both the 630/635 can be the super low end cheap phone for people with not much money, then the 730 (hopefully coming soon) can be the Moto G competitor with 720p display, flash, 1GB RAM, 8MP camera etc then not sure what the 830 could be and then the 930 is the super high end top of the range incredible crazy quality premium device, then the 1030 can be the same as 930 but with super incredibly amazing camera and 1520 is just larger 930 with larger screen and bigger battery

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody explain the fitness something in L630? I read it has some low powered sensor for fitness tracking. I don't understand. I downloaded Bing health and fitness app on my L620 and I can track via GPS my walking and running etc. What is the selling point for L630?

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just needs a frnt faced cam (vga) ,
rear cam flash & 768 mb of ram in
dual sim version for better
perfomance . 512 ram is too short for
wp .
Some sensors like proximity ,
ambient , compass
quad core 1.2 ghz

Sting921

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody explain the fitness something in L630? I read it has some low powered sensor for fitness tracking. I don't understand. I downloaded Bing health and fitness app on my L620 and I can track via GPS my walking and running etc. What is the selling point for L630?
Sensorcore ! I think they posted about it today. Basically it functions as a proximity sensor and movement tracking.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Not me for sure!
Come on no 720p, no FFC and only 512MB RAM? How can the Lumia 630 compete with Moto G? Just microSD card support is not worth it. Why couldn't they have included 720p, FFC and 1GB RAM for Lumia 630 and price it equal to 8GB Moto G for $179 is beyond my comprehension!!

For $20 it seems like they are missing out on such a huge opportunity to stick it to Android:-(

Just as a point of order, your comment on the 720p is incorrect.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Sensorcore ! I think they posted about it today. Basically it functions as a proximity sensor and movement tracking.

Sensorcore can be set to permanently active, bing health has to be running to track your movements, whereas sensorcore tracks all the time (also, bing fitness does not track steps). I am not sure if any apps have been released yet that use the data directly, but it is stored on the phone, so can be historically interrogated. I have found that when accessing GPS aware applications, my location is immediately available, rather than waiting for a fix.

PS - I should point out I got my dual sim 630 direct from India yesterday. Now set up with giffgaff and a work O2 sim, so far am very happy with the upgrade from my 620 - yes, thats right I said upgrade, let the flames begin....

:eek:)

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
In some markets, this phone may perform well but with the Moto g being competitively priced, I just don't know...

Sent from my all seeing 1020

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
PS - I should point out I got my dual sim 630 direct from India yesterday. Now set up with giffgaff and a work O2 sim, so far am very happy with the upgrade from my 620 - yes, thats right I said upgrade, let the flames begin....

:eek:)

That is great! Is 3G working on your device on both the operators? It would be helpful for other users in the United Kingdom. Hopefully the 'dual-sim' phenomenon will catch on in more territories,so we can see more windows phones with dual sim function.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Data works for both operators, but only one at a time. You can easily select which sim to use and after a quick restart of the cell connections you are up and running. The logic and settings you can use for the dual Sims is very powerful in fact. So far I am very happy 😊

Nick.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Just as a refresh on the Bing Fitness topic, I can confirm that after the last update it is now showing my steps information. It has access to all the historical data, including prior to the actual app update. It also provides more customisation in the bing health app itself

• Steps goal per day
  • Stride length (walking)
  • Stride length (running)
  • Acievement alerts (daily target met)

It also show detailed analysis of daily (by hour) results, last 7 days and also last month along with yesterdays results as a comparison. The newly pinnable live tile shows steps taken today, and distance travelled.

Cardio tracker now includes steps results along with manually added and GPS tracked activities.

All in all, a pretty robust setup for the fitness fanatic!

Nick.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
quad core with 512 mb (630) or dual core with 1 gb ram(525)
or simply 620 with front camera and flash
as it can also run wp8.1 quite smoothly if 630 is running it with same amount of ram
which one is better
pls rply fast guyz
630 I guess...newer chipset... And future OS updates will likely come to 630 more than 525

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here! I'v registered myself just to Know something more about this new device but, reading you, I dont think is more a good idea actually.
I'm looking for a dual sim smartphone: I'm using my Lumia 520 for type this post and I like it very much. I'v just bought it because my Samsung S3 found a terribile system bug and I needed a smartphone in the meantime so I'v decided to try WP.
Now that I need a dual sim device I want to stay in WP (much better than Android or IOS for my personal use)... Is really 630 this bad? I don't care about flash light, I just need a fast device with a good display both in colors and sensitivity. Can this be my chose?

Sorry for my english, regards!

It's a decent device to consider if u don't need a FFC or flash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss