Cyan and 8.1 Coming To Lumia 925 and 521!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Have to admit that I am a bit shocked that T-Mobile already confirmed that 8.1 is coming to the 925... I'm really happy about it, but still a bit shocked... This makes the 925 a much, much, much better value at the $200 point that before. The Lumia 635 looks to be a hot seller in the same price range, but the addition of a MicroSD slot makes up for the loss of internal storage. Overall, a great day for 925 owners - or want to be 925 owners...

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Have to admit that I am a bit shocked that T-Mobile already confirmed that 8.1 is coming to the 925... I'm really happy about it, but still a bit shocked... This makes the 925 a much, much, much better value at the $200 point that before. The Lumia 635 looks to be a hot seller in the same price range, but the addition of a MicroSD slot makes up for the loss of internal storage. Overall, a great day for 925 owners - or want to be 925 owners...

Why would you think otherwise, it's a one year old phone that was their top model when released.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if I will get it too? I will explain my situation:

I am living in US now, but I am moving back to Europe in June. I got a T-mobile branded 925. Before this, I had a HTC 8X Vodafone branded from Germany, and I never receive any updates in my country, the Netherlands. Never ever, stuck on the update BEFORE GDR2. Will the same happen if I go back to the Netherlands with my American T-mobile 925? The simlock will be removed, but I don't think that has anything to do with it...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if I will get it too? I will explain my situation:

I am living in US now, but I am moving back to Europe in June. I got a T-mobile branded 925. Before this, I had a HTC 8X Vodafone branded from Germany, and I never receive any updates in my country, the Netherlands. Never ever, stuck on the update BEFORE GDR2. Will the same happen if I go back to the Netherlands with my American T-mobile 925? The simlock will be removed, but I don't think that has anything to do with it...

Yes, your 925 should still get the 8.1 update.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I figured it was 50/50 at best with the 925 heading out the door for $200 or less. You know, another 810 with the GDR3/Black update.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I figured it was 50/50 at best with the 925 heading out the door for $200 or less.
Don't forget the cheap 925s all come from one source (Simply Wireless via Newegg or HSN), more likely a distress sale for some reason. As far as I can tell, everyone else is selling them for a regular price.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured it was 50/50 at best with the 925 heading out the door for $200 or less. You know, another 810 with the GDR3/Black update.

I wouldn't say it's heading out the door. T-Mobile's still selling them for over $400 on their website, and I would wager that they're still $504 if you buy them in store.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
When HSN broke the Lumia 810 at $230, T-Mobile still had them at $499... A short time later, they disappeared from T-Mobile retail stores. Finally, it popped up on a Groupon for $200 and then was gone.

The 925 seems to be following the same pattern. It dropped to $279, then $259, then $229 and now $199... The 635 is coming at the sub $200 level this summer, so the 925 will be a redundant model at that point. I see it being EOL'd just before the 635 becomes active.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What does End of Life really mean? As long as the phone still looks good, runs the latest OS without lag, still has the ability to run the apps you want from the apps store, does e-mail, texting, and of course makes phone calls (it is a phone after all) then what does it really matter? If your happy with the phone, then be happy with the phone. Just my take on it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
End of Life or EOL generally means the phone will no longer be manufactured, possibly not even supported anymore, as in no new updates. It's peculiar with the 810 though because it was EOL'd last May yet got updated to GDR2/Amber in August.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It was strange, but remember that GDR3 rolled out literally weeks after GDR2 hit the 810...

EOL'ing a device usually means that the device will no longer be available in new or refurbished models from the carrier. What that means in terms of support is that you won't get a 925 if you send yours in for repair, you will probably end up with a 635 in the future.

I'm just stoked that T-Mobile has already come out and said that the 925 will get the update!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The biggest problem with the 925 was that it was 16gb but luckily for us in the UK and people in Germany Vodafone were smart and gave us 32gb just like O2 gave us a 64gb 1020

I find the 32gb more than okay in my 925 but having an sd card would have been the icing on the cake.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I understand what EOL really means. My point was people are so worried that the phone may reach its end of life soon. Who cares, its still getting the new OS, it can still run what's in the app store, it still makes phone calls, texts, and surfs the internet, and most importantly it still is covered by Nokia under warranty. People put to much emphasis on EOL with cell phones.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand what EOL really means. My point was people are so worried that the phone may reach its end of life soon. Who cares, its still getting the new OS, it can still run what's in the app store, it still makes phone calls, texts, and surfs the internet, and most importantly it still is covered by Nokia under warranty. People put to much emphasis on EOL with cell phones.

Ahh, I gotcha. Actually, I agree, too. I think had I not been sooooo focused on getting a 920 back when, I probably would have been fine with continuing to use my 810, even though it's probably getting no updates past GDR2/Amber. I was always the type of person who would hold onto a phone as long as possible before upgrading, so yeah.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, I gotcha. Actually, I agree, too. I think had I not been sooooo focused on getting a 920 back when, I probably would have been fine with continuing to use my 810, even though it's probably getting no updates past GDR2/Amber. I was always the type of person who would hold onto a phone as long as possible before upgrading, so yeah.

The longest I have had a phone for was my Nokia N95 which I still have but I used it for a couple of years but in the last number of years the longest is 7 months with the Note 2 but even that was split between 2 of them, first was white but I got feed up with the white making it look even more plastic than it was so I got the blue/dark grey one.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The longest I have had a phone for was my Nokia N95 which I still have but I used it for a couple of years but in the last number of years the longest is 7 months with the Note 2 but even that was split between 2 of them, first was white but I got feed up with the white making it look even more plastic than it was so I got the blue/dark grey one.

Everyone I know who has the Note 3 has it in the grey version, which definitely looks less plastic-y than the white. lol. I'm sort of in the same situation as you since I've used three different Windows Phones since November 2012 (Lumia 810, 920 and now 925), and now I'm also trying to get my hands on an HTC One (original, not M8).

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone I know who has the Note 3 has it in the grey version, which definitely looks less plastic-y than the white. lol. I'm sort of in the same situation as you since I've used three different Windows Phones since November 2012 (Lumia 810, 920 and now 925), and now I'm also trying to get my hands on an HTC One (original, not M8).

Pity your in the states (I checked your avatar, I got the tip from a wise woman) my mate is selling his and it is mint. I converted him to windows and he now has a 920 and a 1520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon