Crazy *** charge time?

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Just received my 1520 today (yaaay!) and as awesome as it is, as it was only at 52% charge, I thought I'd plug it in and get it fully charged before I started configuring it. It's now nearly 5 hours later and the phone's only at 84% !!
Is this normal - it seems a crazy amount of time to increase the charge by 30%.
I'm using my iPad Air charger - it delivers 2.2A so it ought to charge a lot faster than it is. My 920 used to fully charge in a couple of hours from 2 or 3% with the same charger, so can any one tell me what's going on here please?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
2000 mAh on 920 vs 3400 mAh on 1520. Do the math. Also let the battery settle for a week or so, charge, discharge (don't let it go flat though, it's not recommended for li-ion batteries), just normal usage. After it settles it should be better. Try using a proper 'charging' cable as well, some phones tend to just pull 500mA when using a data cable because they thing they're connected to a PC usb port. Try different cables, though I think only bigger battery is the reason behind slow charging here.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Charge times are longer for the 1520 but I can get 36 hours from a full charge with normal (to me) used. I just charge my phone overnight when I'm sleep.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
but my ipad 3 came with 10 v charger , interesting apple changed this with lighting port ;)

It shouldn't, all USB ports are rated at 5V. 10 may be watts. Any usb charger should do really, as long as voltage is the same. Device pulls desired amount of amps and watts, the numbers on the charger only mean what the charger can provide (but it's fine with giving less, if the device is pulling less).

I'm charging my tablet, phones, mouse and headphones from the same charger (nexus 7, 2A), and have been doing so for a year and a half and all my devices are still working.
Now of course I'm not saying that you should come to me with broken devices because the charger broke them, I'm saying it's highly unlikely, and if that was the case, it would be a defective charger, not too much current.

check again if there is a V or W next to that 10. It makes a major difference because V stands for voltage and W stands for power.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't, all USB ports are rated at 5V. 10 may be watts. Any usb charger should do really, as long as voltage is the same. Device pulls desired amount of amps and watts, the numbers on the charger only mean what the charger can provide (but it's fine with giving less, if the device is pulling less).

I'm charging my tablet, phones, mouse and headphones from the same charger (nexus 7, 2A), and have been doing so for a year and a half and all my devices are still working.
Now of course I'm not saying that you should come to me with broken devices because the charger broke them, I'm saying it's highly unlikely, and if that was the case, it would be a defective charger, not too much current.

check again if there is a V or W next to that 10. It makes a major difference because V stands for voltage and W stands for power.

Some newer devices use a quick charge technology that behaves differently than the standard you are used to. This is why everyone needs to start using the chargers that come with their devices.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

thanks it's 10 W :p

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Some newer devices use a quick charge technology that behaves differently than the standard you are used to. This is why everyone needs to start using the chargers that come with their devices.

What about when it's connected to the PC? That's a completely different charger too! And USB 3.0 can provide 5A! So should we avoid connecting our phones to the PC to transfer data and stuff because of different charging?
I know using the official charger would be ideal, but then I'd need 7 different chargers in the house for one purpose and possibly in multiple locations (since batteries are crap nowadays and need to be charger all the time). The whole point of standardized charger is that it doesn't matter where you plug it.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
What about when it's connected to the PC? That's a completely different charger too! And USB 3.0 can provide 5A! So should we avoid connecting our phones to the PC to transfer data and stuff because of different charging?
I know using the official charger would be ideal, but then I'd need 7 different chargers in the house for one purpose and possibly in multiple locations (since batteries are crap nowadays and need to be charger all the time). The whole point of standardized charger is that it doesn't matter where you plug it.

Sorry, they banned me for a week for being too honest and blunt with people.

With USB on PCs you're fine. The standard works out just fine that way.

However when using AC on phones with quick charge they tell you specifically to only use the adapter that comes with your device.

alanrobinson5538

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Indeed. Do NOT use any charger other than the OEM charger. LiPo batteries are very picky about this and you can damage the phone this way...

In the UK, at least one mobile phone operator has stopped supplying the USB power adapter, only supplying the cable, as they say "most people" have at least one USB adapter in the home. Of course, if you need one they'll supply one (I'm not sure whether for a cost or not).

I'm pretty sure that you can use any USB adapter with the correct cable.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In the UK, at least one mobile phone operator has stopped supplying the USB power adapter, only supplying the cable, as they say "most people" have at least one USB adapter in the home. Of course, if you need one they'll supply one (I'm not sure whether for a cost or not).

I'm pretty sure that you can use any USB adapter with the correct cable.

Who? So they are opening up the boxes and removing the supplied charger? What are they doing with them?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

cookie_csy

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
In technology, the charger with ECC standard, not the nokia charger alone, fits the mobile phone exclude Lumia 1520. In general, the output is 5V-1A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte