Tempered glass screen protector

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
2014-06-24-094.jpg

Here can see weird shape not cover my screen. Although alignment slightly off, both left and right have this.
If this shape slightly smaller good enough.:confused:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 70106

Here can see weird shape not cover my screen. Although alignment slightly off, both left and right have this.
If this shape slightly smaller good enough.:confused:

Are the sides of your stuck down ? Mine has the "grey" non stuck ring around it like the dayjoy one :(

I'm curious if its because I had issues lining it up initially. Its dead center now.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
To the OP who ordered the DAYJOY screen protector for the 1020, did that screen protector arrive alright/cut to the right size? The reviews for it on Amazon say that it's cut to the wrong size, and even in the pictures it looks a little smaller than it should be. I'm looking at ordering one of these because I ripped off the integrated screen protector on my Otterbox Defender (dust was getting under it)

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
To the OP who ordered the DAYJOY screen protector for the 1020, did that screen protector arrive alright/cut to the right size? The reviews for it on Amazon say that it's cut to the wrong size, and even in the pictures it looks a little smaller than it should be. I'm looking at ordering one of these because I ripped off the integrated screen protector on my Otterbox Defender (dust was getting under it)

It's cut the right length on the one I got from them. Don't know if they have changed in the last 4 months or not.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

jjjj-wp

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a different tempered glass protector for my Lumia 1520. It is an Inskin Ultra Slim Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I found it on Amazon. The vendor shipped it the same day it was ordered. It should be here sometime next week. Unfortunately, I also have to wait for my glass to be repaired. Yes I dropped my 3 week old Lumia 1520. It is the first phone I have broke. I am temporally using my old Android device and hating every minute of it. As soon as I get the new glass installed I will provide a review.

John

MicrosoftCoreFan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a glass screen protector for both my SP3 and my Lumia 1520, but in regards to my 1520, I have something to throw in to this thread. The best case available for the Lumia 1520 is from a maker called "Asmyna" and it can be found on Amazon at the link below:

/ASMYNA-Black-Symbiosis-Stand-Protector/dp/B00HGUKBBU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407625594&sr=8-5&keywords=asmyna+1520

This is my first post, and this site will not let me post a link until I have 10 comments under my belt, so just add the above onto Amazon's home page (wwwamazondotcom) to find this case, or just go onto Amazon and search for "Asmyna 1520" and it will be the only results that pop up.

Don't let the price fool you. It would be well worth the price even if it cost as much as an Otterbox, believe me, but it doesn't. Even though it is extremely affordable, it is a very strong and durable case, much like an Otterbox, with a two-piece hard plastic shell complete with the soft rubber wrap that goes around it to hold the case together and act as a shock absorber in the event that you drop it. The only problem I have with it is that it differs from the Otterbox Defender series cases in one way: no plastic screen shield built into the case so I was forced to buy a Zagg InvisibleShield. However, I have had to replace the film twice now (thinking the need to replace it was caused by the fact that I did not have it lined up 100% perfectly, but not even a perfect installation solves the problem) because the case causes bubbling along the edges, whether the screen protector is put on perfectly or not. Trust me when I say that there is no way to avoid this, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone have a case on their phone similar to the one in the link I attached in this post?? And, if so, do they have it on their phone in conjunction with a 9H tempered glass screen protector like the ones being discussed in this thread?? I only ask because I'd like to know if the bubbling issue that the hard-shell case causes when used in conjunction with a soft screen protector--like an InvisibleShield--is solved by using a tempered glass screen protector (as a result of the increased rigidity of a 9H screen protector) or if this type of case, no matter what, will mess with and undo the flush fit of a glass type of film, as well. If anyone can offer any insight on this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Respectfully Submitted,
Die-Hard Microsoft Fan But First-Time Poster

Charles Rice

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a different tempered glass protector for my Lumia 1520. It is an Inskin Ultra Slim Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I found it on Amazon. The vendor shipped it the same day it was ordered. It should be here sometime next week. Unfortunately, I also have to wait for my glass to be repaired. Yes I dropped my 3 week old Lumia 1520. It is the first phone I have broke. I am temporally using my old Android device and hating every minute of it. As soon as I get the new glass installed I will provide a review.

John

Ever get this baby on? I have a 1520 in the mail as we speak. I don't like the looks of that Nillkin or the DayJoy being off the glass like that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ever get this baby on? I have a 1520 in the mail as we speak. I don't like the looks of that Nillkin or the DayJoy being off the glass like that.

I'm trying the Inskin... BTW, it is the only one I could find that appears to be made in the USA. One of the few for fact that ships from the USA.

I just got my Inskin today. Shipping was fast. It does not have the tapering near the bottom to save glass by the back and search buttons... Straight cut sides.

Applying it was a bit fussier than the 2 other Tempered Glass protectors I've done. This is the first time out of 3 that I've pulled one off and reapplied. Didn't seem to affect the adhesion though. If any dust gets on the sticky side you make a loop of tape around your fingers (sticky side out) and use that to get the specs off the Tempered Glass.

There are a couple of bubbles under the glass and that is new for me as well. (The last 2 I installed went on clean and bubble free the first time.) I'm waiting to see if it "settles" onto the screen in the first 24 hours or not.

​I can post more back later.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
*sigh*

There are a couple of persistent air bubbles that won't rub out or settle in on their own.

I'll contact Inskin tomorrow. I will say the fingerprint resistance and clarity of the glass is Top Notch.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a glass screen protector for both my SP3 and my Lumia 1520, but in regards to my 1520, I have something to throw in to this thread. The best case available for the Lumia 1520 is from a maker called "Asmyna" and it can be found on Amazon at the link below:

/ASMYNA-Black-Symbiosis-Stand-Protector/dp/B00HGUKBBU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407625594&sr=8-5&keywords=asmyna+1520

This is my first post, and this site will not let me post a link until I have 10 comments under my belt, so just add the above onto Amazon's home page (wwwamazondotcom) to find this case, or just go onto Amazon and search for "Asmyna 1520" and it will be the only results that pop up.

Don't let the price fool you. It would be well worth the price even if it cost as much as an Otterbox, believe me, but it doesn't. Even though it is extremely affordable, it is a very strong and durable case, much like an Otterbox, with a two-piece hard plastic shell complete with the soft rubber wrap that goes around it to hold the case together and act as a shock absorber in the event that you drop it. The only problem I have with it is that it differs from the Otterbox Defender series cases in one way: no plastic screen shield built into the case so I was forced to buy a Zagg InvisibleShield. However, I have had to replace the film twice now (thinking the need to replace it was caused by the fact that I did not have it lined up 100% perfectly, but not even a perfect installation solves the problem) because the case causes bubbling along the edges, whether the screen protector is put on perfectly or not. Trust me when I say that there is no way to avoid this, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone have a case on their phone similar to the one in the link I attached in this post?? And, if so, do they have it on their phone in conjunction with a 9H tempered glass screen protector like the ones being discussed in this thread?? I only ask because I'd like to know if the bubbling issue that the hard-shell case causes when used in conjunction with a soft screen protector--like an InvisibleShield--is solved by using a tempered glass screen protector (as a result of the increased rigidity of a 9H screen protector) or if this type of case, no matter what, will mess with and undo the flush fit of a glass type of film, as well. If anyone can offer any insight on this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Respectfully Submitted,
Die-Hard Microsoft Fan But First-Time Poster

I love how it case looks, but my fear is it looks too bulky. I would love your experience with this case.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What do you think about this screen protector?

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Anti-Bubble Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Free Replacements - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

51aybAJfDzL._SL1500_.jpg

51E7j31zA4L._SL1500_.jpg

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I have one of those on my 1020. I didn't do such a good job of applying it (I'm not particularly dexterous at applying screen protectors :p) so there are a few dust particles underneath and 'imprints' - do note it is a wet application so it is a little different to apply. Otherwise I'm pretty stoked with it - super clear and not very reflective...very smooth to touch. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I'm buying a glass screen protector instead (my friend dropped his Nexus 5 face down on concrete, and he just peeled the glass protector off and the glass was fine underneath)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
*sigh*

There are a couple of persistent air bubbles that won't rub out or settle in on their own.

I'll contact Inskin tomorrow. I will say the fingerprint resistance and clarity of the glass is Top Notch.

I just ordered this one from Inskin last night, though my 1520 has not even returned from Palco yet! Did you get any resolution from Inskin on the persistent air bubbles. Any tips on how to install or (not install!)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered this one from Inskin last night, though my 1520 has not even returned from Palco yet! Did you get any resolution from Inskin on the persistent air bubbles. Any tips on how to install or (not install!)

You know what... now that I'm talking with the vendor, turns out I looked at Inskin and actually ordered a different one. My bad on the incorrect reporting. Here's the one I got: USA Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Premium Tempered Glass LCD Screen Protector Guard | eBay They are sending a free replacement.

Tips on application:
  • Apply screen protectors in the bathroom - it is usually one of the most dust free areas of any house and the lights should be bright enough to see well
  • Set the device on the counter, turn on the shower all the way hot for 10 minutes, fan off - the moisture helps precipitate dust out of the room
  • Wipe down the device screen with an alcohol prep pad and do not touch glass with bare fingers/skin
  • Dry quickly after alcohol with a soft screen cloth (I have several; most people do) - do not use this cloth again during install, use another as needed
  • Lay the screen protector on the screen with the removable sheet still on it just to size up your desired placement - note the exact placement you want on any cutouts
  • Dust the screen with a soft cloth after sizing up the protector placement
  • Remove the throwaway coating sheet from the protector, line up your cutouts and edges - apply the Tempered Glass from top to bottom
  • Swipe your finger down the center-line of the Tempered Glass - it should "suck" right onto the glass all the way after that

​Good luck!

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Inskin. It's nice but I don't think any of these tempered glass protectors will match up with the 1520 very well because of the curved glass.
My install was fine but it overhangs the portions where the glass curves to the end....not that great looking.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have used Mr.northjoe 0.3mm 2.5D 9H Tempered Glass on 1520?

I have found one for $6 with free international shipping, and that sounds too cheap to be good.

Ken Rose1

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this will help someone looking for a reasonably priced case/screen protector combo. I just don't feel comfortable without protection on that big, slippery 1520. So I would up with a TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody TPU Soft Gel Skin Case Cover. It is very tight fitting but has a great grip feel to it. Because of the tight fit I was concerned as to whether or not I could get a tempered glass cover for the screen. I decided on the Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Premium Tempered Glass LCD because according to the photo it fit inside the case. I am pleased with the results but there is a downside.
When I first put the screen protector on the screen it fit exactly right with no bubbles. It is very clear and did not seem to affect the touch screen's sensitivity at all. However, when I then put the Tudia case on the pressure of the case against the protector caused a greyish border to appear around the edges of the phone. It did not affect the screen area, but did cause what appeared to be a grey border when the screen was off. When the phone is on, it is not noticeable at all. Also, the protector is solidly seated, it is not loose, it just has this grey border. Again, hope this helps someone in their search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans