Tempered glass screen protector

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I recently installed the Inskin tempered glass protector and I'm very, very impressed by this one! I just had my screen digitizer replaced and wanted the best protection for my repaired phone.

I used the hinge method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMyZd4W2vVU to lay the protector over the phone, then taped it in place, removed the inner film and carefully placed it down. The fit and alignment is very good, there are no air bubbles at all, and the best part is that this thing has a much, much better oleophobic coating than the phone itself... there simply are no fingerprints whatsoever! Before, I used to feel like I was constantly wiping my phone down.

Another benefit for me is that it is fully compatible with my ProClip dash mount card holder. The protector does not interfere with the tight grasp edges of the ProClip holder like my zagg shields used to. The zagg shields were more expensive too aoround $30 US, but the Inskin is a much better product. I highly recommend this protector!

Ouch!
001.jpg

Looking better... with the new digitizer from Palco and the tempered glass screen protector in place
002.jpg

Close-ups (notice the excellent fit around the speaker)
005.jpg
006.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

And all comfortable and secure with a new soft case by Amzer
007.jpg

Last edited:

JessPH

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I owned a Samsung Galaxy S3 (which has a Gorilla Glass 2 like Nokia 1520) for two years. Never placed any screen protector, never got any scratch. Buying screen protector is just money down the drain.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I owned a Samsung Galaxy S3 (which has a Gorilla Glass 2 like Nokia 1520) for two years. Never placed any screen protector, never got any scratch. Buying screen protector is just money down the drain.

Well firstly the 1520 has Gorilla Glass 3, and secondly you must've baby-sat your phone - three weeks after I got my 1020 (with Gorilla Glass 3), it had micro-scratches on the glass from the fabric on the inside of my pockets. Tiny, almost indistinguishable scratches, but still there. Also, glass screen protectors help to protect the display on impact

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember i got bodyguards to prototype a glass screen protector for the 920 here on the forums, and they said they couldn't do it because of the curved display.....now they iPhone is curved and magically they can do it

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well firstly the 1520 has Gorilla Glass 3, and secondly you must've baby-sat your phone - three weeks after I got my 1020 (with Gorilla Glass 3), it had micro-scratches on the glass from the fabric on the inside of my pockets. Tiny, almost indistinguishable scratches, but still there. Also, glass screen protectors help to protect the display on impact

It's gorilla glass 2 actually

alienwar9

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, new here.

Anyone try the Anoke protector, or any of their protectors for that matter?

It's the: "Anoke? Nokia Lumia 1520 Tempered Glass Front LCD Screen Protectors 9h Hardness, 2.5d Rounded Edges, 0.3mm Thickness for (NOKIA 1520)"
on amazon.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I just bought the UltraTough? Clear ScreenGuardz: Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz

Along with their Amor body protector. Is that a good screen protector?

I would have MUCH preferred their HD Impact screen protector but they aren't going to make it for the 1520 :(

"Alex, Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any plans to make the HD Impact film for the Nokia 1520. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Thanks,
Brittany

Customer Care Team"

I guess no one is making a real legit tempered glass screen protector for the 1520 that has the edges slightly curved to fit it correctly?

Last edited:

indie24

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from China directly from a manufacturer back in January. I think I may have one of first to own one as they had to design and cut from new. It has been flawless and no bubbles and looks great. It was expensive as they have proper factories , airtight labs etc and was going to distribute but could not get price down enough. It cost me around ?25 for 2 samples and dhl express delivery which took the bulk of the cost (protectors were around $6 each). Best purchase I made for phone. I guess I would stay away from ultra cheap ones

Techno-guy

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just installed a Fatax 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector on my 1520 - Amazon.com: Fatax Nokia Lumia 1520 0.2mm 2.5D 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

Very happy with it. Glass is super smooth (as it should be) and looks like the fingerprint reduction claim is true, at least so far. It's not quite touching the screen on the edges as others have similarly reported for other glass protectors due to the slightly curved 1520 screen, but that doesn't bother me since my case covers that and the cut-outs are great (some others are off a bit as I've found out). The packaging is also great.

Went on very easily with zero bubbles. Hard to beat for $12.99 on Amazon.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just installed a Fatax 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector on my 1520 - Amazon.com: Fatax Nokia Lumia 1520 0.2mm 2.5D 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

Very happy with it. Glass is super smooth (as it should be) and looks like the fingerprint reduction claim is true, at least so far. It's not quite touching the screen on the edges as others have similarly reported for other glass protectors due to the slightly curved 1520 screen, but that doesn't bother me since my case covers that and the cut-outs are great (some others are off a bit as I've found out). The packaging is also great.

Went on very easily with zero bubbles. Hard to beat for $12.99 on Amazon.

Any chance for an actual pic, mate?

Techno-guy

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Any chance for an actual pic, mate?

Not really too much to see...the Fatax tempered glass screen protector blends into the screen really nicely. Only spot you can even see it (unless you peel back the case) is the top of the phone where there's a cutout so here you go!

Screen protector.jpg

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a case but not a screen protector and today I dropped my 1520 and cracked the glass. The phone still works but a small crack goes straight across the screen. :crying:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not really too much to see...the Fatax tempered glass screen protector blends into the screen really nicely. Only spot you can even see it (unless you peel back the case) is the top of the phone where there's a cutout so here you go!

View attachment 85406

Don't mean to be picky but how much of the phone's screen is exposed outside of the glass? And does the glass have "lifts" around the edges as most tempered glass protectors for our phone are cut too big so the edges don't flush to the curved screen. I've gone thru a couple and really hate them but if this brand won't give those "lifts", I'd love to give it a try. Thanks mate

Techno-guy

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't mean to be picky but how much of the phone's screen is exposed outside of the glass? And does the glass have "lifts" around the edges as most tempered glass protectors for our phone are cut too big so the edges don't flush to the curved screen. I've gone thru a couple and really hate them but if this brand won't give those "lifts", I'd love to give it a try. Thanks mate

You'll be disappointed then, unfortunately. The glass doesn't quite fully cover the screen - probably a 2mm gap on all sides. Not a big deal with a case as my picture shows.

The bigger issue is that the edges of the Fatax tempered glass are definitely lifted above the screen too like all the others. Not a big deal for me since my case covers the gap but I know what you're talking about. If you're a perfectionist, it would drive you crazy for sure. I don't think any tempered glass adheres properly to the 1520's edges since they are curved slightly and the glass is not.

I like this glass for the great price, the great scratch protection, the outstanding smoothness and the good (but not perfect) fit. It definitely has the same deficiency being lifted up on all the edges as the rest of them do, unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss