New Device activation and OneDrive

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First I want to thank everyone again for all the great info and tips. I've been creeping the forums and the site on a regular basis and appreciate all the great info and community.

I just upgraded from a 920 to 1520.3, and I am wondering if new devices get an additional 7GB OneDrive storage, or is it only on your first WP device activation? The 20MP camera is going to suck up a lot more space, and my 28GB is nearly full :wink:

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased a couple devices and never received any more space. That is why it drives me nuts when they advertise 7GB of OneDrive storage. Buying the phone has nothing to do with giving you storage. Signing up for a OneDrve account is what gives you storage. However, I have noticed they have added an extra 3GBs lately.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. That is unforunate.

Yeah, I noticed that too, the 3GB is for using the camera roll backup. If you login to OneDrive in the browser, it says you can get another 7GB for referring someone. Assuming the 3GB and 7GB will be permanent, unlike the 20/100 GB one year that has been around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2