slow charging

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, my phone was charging for 5h. and discharging very fast.

Solution:

1. Hard Reset your phone
2. After hard reset just wait till your phone discharges.... Charge your phone to 100%, when done disconnect the charger, connect the charger one more time only to ensure that the phone is 100% charged! Disconnect the charger for the last time.. Now you need to turn OFF your phone and withdraw the battery. The battery needs to be unplugged for 10 hours.

After 10h. you can put everything back and turn on your device. Charge time should be back at 2h. - mine was 1h. 48m. after this procedure. I dont know if it works without hard reset... you should do it just to avoid software problems. Sorry for my english :)

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, my phone was charging for 5h. and discharging very fast.

Solution:

1. Hard Reset your phone
2. After hard reset just wait till your phone discharges.... Charge your phone to 100%, when done disconnect the charger, connect the charger one more time only to ensure that the phone is 100% charged! Disconnect the charger for the last time.. Now you need to turn OFF your phone and withdraw the battery. The battery needs to be unplugged for 10 hours.

After 10h. you can put everything back and turn on your device. Charge time should be back at 2h. - mine was 1h. 48m. after this procedure. I dont know if it works without hard reset... you should do it just to avoid software problems. Sorry for my english :)
first my english is worse :D
and im not sure if it will help. i have slow charge since i bought the phone [15-20%per hour]
i did once hard reset but i never tried to do this stuff
also i have to say the battery life is long as f**k it took me almost 4hours to drain the last 50% of the battery with very heavy usage [once in a while i drain it to 0 and recharge to see how long it will take xD]

Last edited:

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
first my english is worse :D
and im not sure if it will help. i have slow charge since i bought the phone [15-20%per hour]
i did once hard reset but i never tried to do this stuff
also i have to say the battery life is long as f**k it took me almost 4hours to drain the last 50% of the battery with very heavy usage [once in a while i drain it to 0 and recharge to see how long it will take xD]

Just try it :)

or you can buy a new charger, battery... or a new phone... is this a better idea? :D

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you leave the screen on when charging, I ask this because I noticed that my phone would charge slower with the screen on due to it having to power the display as well.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
When my phone is less than about 65% battery, it takes longer to charge. Sort of a non-issue for me since I just charge once a day for a few hours after work. Have never even been close to a dead battery.

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
ok i tried to check the current trough the diagnosis tool and i found that the orginal usb cabel giving me 400-500ma and sony cable gave me 895ma i guess my orginal cabel was defected

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
How do you do this because I have very slow charging through the original cable too?
Open diagnosis>*#0228# and it will show you the battery indicators
if you dont have diagnosis put this code in dail ##634# and it will download the diagnosis tool [it will be shown in your app list]

ruddevil

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Same as mine: the cable was failing. Replaced it with a new micro USB cable and the charging speed went back to normal (5 to 100% in less than 2,5 hours).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte