New icon owner and wp8 owner

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a new Lumina Icon Friday and I've been playing with it.
I'm coming from an iPhone 5 (though I've owned android phones in the past).

I have a couple of questions,
Fast drain issue - anyone get stuck by this on the Icon? I noticed Saturday my phone was taking forever to charge up and then when I went out satuday evening, it drained 40% in 3 hours while doing nothing (just sitting there on the table) and having strong cell coverage. After searching and seeing some threads here, I rebooted and so far its working as I expected. My question is this. Could this be aberration being such a new phone, I really don't have too many apps on it right now.

Syncing with a Mac. I'm using the Windows phone app and it shows that its syncing my music and playlists but when I go into the music app, nothing is there. The app seems to show that music has been pushed over but nothing.

Any app/utility recommendations to better manage the phone would be helpful as well.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello, try to get a battery app. That helped me a lot in the beginning!! and also turn off background services you don't use :) plus this is a problem for all beginners.. was for me anyways :)
+925 :p

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to disagree with ven07 and advise you to NOT get a battery app. They tend to cause unwanted drain... Occasionally my Ativ S will have an apparently worse than typical drain, but rebooting often arrests the issue, and frequently I'll see the battery remaining climb back up a bit after a couple hours. Honestly I think there may be an issue with the way WP interprets battery strength, rather than an actual drain issue...

If a reboot solved the problem, I would look to that as a functional solution should you have repeated issues in the future.

As far as syncing with a Mac, I haven't used one since Snow Leopard was brand new, and my experience with Macs ceased prior to getting my first smartphone, which was a WP7.0 device. So unfortunately I'm of no use to you there.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol thanks for disagreeing :p The batt app worked for me and if it's lightweight it shouldn't be a problem.. But that was my case

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Lol thanks for disagreeing :p The batt app worked for me and if it's lightweight it shouldn't be a problem.. But that was my case

It's nothing personal! :)

If you managed to find a battery app that helps things without causing unwanted drain, you should recommend it by name, since so many of them have been proven to exacerbate the problem.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm calibrating the battery today, and tomorrow I hope to have improved performance. I'll have the location services off and the battery calibrated.

For the record, I went to church today at 100% and had to shut it down at 8% around 4:00pm. I was using it, nothing heavy, some Facebook, some internet surfing my kids played flappy bird for about 20 or 30 minutes. I'm rather disappointed in the fact it couldn't last a day. I'm hoping that with some work I'll have improved performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb