Phone doesn't ring on Viber & Skype when screen is locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indijones

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone doesn't ring or screen doesn't become active on receiving calls from viber or skype when my home screen times out after the set time. I can see the list of missed calls only after I turn the screen on. What do I need to do to be able to have the phone ring on viber or Skype just like regular GSM calls even when the phone is idle. Thanks!

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh you might be onto something here! I always find myself missing Viber calls and assume I didn't hear them. I'll pay test and let you know if I have the same issue.

indijones

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
It happens to the two HTC 8x that we own while using WiFi. I don't have data plan, so can't tell if it happens on that as well or not. Anyone with a solution will be much appreciated. Thanks!

dado385

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, same thing is happening to me on Lumia625
When screen is locked, Viber and Skype do not ring!
I have tried to check this WI-Fi setting and it was checked, also Settings/Applications/background tasks I presume both Skypa and Viber should be "allowed"

Still does not work when locked...

ackers

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Skype but viber only rings if the app is open on my lumia 625, if the app is closed or the phone locked all calls are registered as missed.

kag8

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Got it solved �� Used settings -> WiFi -> advanced -> checked keep WiFi on when screen times out.

that makes sense as I have my data off usually and wifi disconnects when screen off....so if no network it cant ring...just wondering what the battery drain is like if you do leave wifi on even when screen times out?

I only realise I missed a few viber calls after the wifi reconnects in background - probably to sync emails. Can't think of any way the viber app would just know its being called and summon up the wifi - unless I keep mobile data on on 2g? not sure if i make sense lol

selma_x

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I just fixed mine I went to "settings" then "do not disturb" and then it should say "allow calls" and it should be set to anyone.. It rings on loud but I'm still trying to figure out why it only vibrates once when it's on silent.. I hope this helped

itscaro

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just fixed mine I went to "settings" then "do not disturb" and then it should say "allow calls" and it should be set to anyone.. It rings on loud but I'm still trying to figure out why it only vibrates once when it's on silent.. I hope this helped
.................. Good one Selma! I think it works, makes sense it should? To the guy who suggested opening settings & putting wi Fi onto advanced??? Wha? Where? I have an iphone 5 but no sign of that.

tillatequila

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5S and this is how I fixed the problem:
Click Settings
Click Notification Center
There are multiple sections which are separated by a grey tab, scroll down to see them.
The tabs are Access On Lock Screen, Today View, Notifications View, Include and Do not Include
If your viber app appears under "Do Not Include" grey tab, click it to open the settings screen, then follow the instructions below:
For Alert Style, there are three options: None, Banners, Alerts. Select Alerts to see the any alerts on the locked screen.
For Badge App Icon, slide the button to right to turn it on
For Sounds slide the button to right to turn it on
For Show in Notification Center slide the button to right to turn it on
For Show on Lock Screen slide the button to right to turn it on

Once done, click the Back button on top. Please note that there is no save button. Your settings will be saved when you click the back button.
Now your Viber app should appear under the Include Section and you should be able to see the notifications and hear the phone ring when your screen is locked.

Hope this helped. :smile:
Good Luck
Cheers

Sharon Williams1

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My phone doesn't ring or screen doesn't become active on receiving calls from viber or skype when my home screen times out after the set time. I can see the list of missed calls only after I turn the screen on. What do I need to do to be able to have the phone ring on viber or Skype just like regular GSM calls even when the phone is idle. Thanks!

None of these suggestions worked for me. However, finally resolved: Under Settings, select Lock Screen. "NOTIFICATIONS" - "Choose an app to show detailed status" - make sure to select SKYPE. Mine has worked fine since this change. Good luck.

tanjan anja

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get any notification from my VIBER when the screen is locked. I am using Sony Z1 btw. But i resolved it.

Go to Message Settings (text messaging) --> then tick NOTIFICATION LIGHT.

This should work! I tried it and now it is working fine! ;)

Trevko

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings>Do not Disturb > turn off Manual. You will now be able to receive calls from Viber when your phone is locked

jithuraj

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to bump this thread.
I'm having a Huawei Honor 6 (not rooted) where Skype and viber new msgs notifications never comes up.
I had 4.4.2 kitkat earlier and updated to Lollipo 5.1 beta just to check if the notifications works, but it doesnt.
Tried all the steps mentioned above like the wifi sleep policy etc and even changed the notification priority under "notifications" settings. Tried installing "Push notifications Fixer (no root)" from play store, but its still the same.
Would appreciate if anyone can help me out :)
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss