Think it's time to switch from Android

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I was pretty impressed by the BUILD Conference with the release of the 930 - it seemed like a great phone. For the record I believe the specs for the phone are perfectly fine - I've seen WP8 work flawlessly on much older hardware.

Just your guys thoughts, for someone that had the iPhone 3GS - iPhone 5 then switched to the Galaxy S3, S4 and then a Nexus 5 would the Nokia Lumia 930 be the phone to go for if I were to jump over to WP8.1? I actually do like the look of the 930 (especially white)

Thanks

Jorlon

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Sandeepsb

I was a huge Apple ****** used the Iphone for 6-7 years up until November when I sold my Iphone 5s and bought me a Nokia 1520. I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the 930 it looks like a great phone. One of the many reason I made the switch to windows phone was how flawlessly the OS ran on older hardware, I'm sure you experienced the big slow down in a Iphone when updated to a new version of the OS.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I was pretty impressed by the BUILD Conference with the release of the 930 - it seemed like a great phone. For the record I believe the specs for the phone are perfectly fine - I've seen WP8 work flawlessly on much older hardware.

Just your guys thoughts, for someone that had the iPhone 3GS - iPhone 5 then switched to the Galaxy S3, S4 and then a Nexus 5 would the Nokia Lumia 930 be the phone to go for if I were to jump over to WP8.1? I actually do like the look of the 930 (especially white)

Thanks

Welcome to WPC sandeepsb.
Sounds like a natural progression from one platform to the next.
Quite a few folks here have been this route and find WP the next best thing.

I found the WP most enticing and still find it great after my first incursion.

Reading about the 930 it may very well be my next device also.

Best of luck and again welcome on board!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Thanks

do it!!!!! I have an N5 and a G2 and I can say my 1520 beats the brakes off both. It will take some adjustment but you will be happy over here!!!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Go for it. As you already pointed out, WP8 runs great on older hardware (considered old in tech terms, I suppose) like my 8 month old 1020 that despite it's age still also has a camera that no Android handset can touch yet. Come on over!

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the notes guys. I'm already a big Windows fan (I own a Surface Pro 2) and will definitely be checking out the 930 when it's out in stores. I've just been playing around with WP8.1 on the Visual Studio SDK Emulators and it is pretty nice. Although I would like a redesigned calendar app as the current one looks very outdated.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the notes guys. I'm already a big Windows fan (I own a Surface Pro 2) and will definitely be checking out the 930 when it's out in stores. I've just been playing around with WP8.1 on the Visual Studio SDK Emulators and it is pretty nice. Although I would like a redesigned calendar app as the current one looks very outdated.

There are plenty of great alternative calendar apps in the store. Cal is one that comes to mind - http://m.windowscentral.com/minimalist-cal-debut-windows-phone-store

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Sold my lumia 920 in November and been using an iPhone 5S since then when I renewed my contract in November. The last iPhone I had was a 3G, my wife has an iPhone 5 so it made sense for me to give iOS another shot. However with 930 and windows phone 8.1 updates I'm expecting to return to WP later this year, I'll sell my 5S for the 930. While 5S is nice and ios7 works extremely well, it's boring and still feels like it's still stuck in 2010. Hope Nokia picks up the pace on more phones and options this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo